Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

23 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I remember when Newcastle were going through their phase of signing lots of French players a few years back. Debuchy was unknown to most in England really. Very good player he turned out to be.

Debuchy was an established French international for a couple of years before he signed for Newcastle including being the starting right back in Euro 2012. He signed for Newcastle in 2013. 

• Like 2

Elmo has had a brilliant season IMO but will need replacing, hopefully Guilbert will deliver, quietly optimistic that he will prove to be a good player for us, Elmo I hope is kept on as he'll be solid backup.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

20 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Elmo has had a brilliant season IMO but will need replacing, hopefully Guilbert will deliver, quietly optimistic that he will prove to be a good player for us, Elmo I hope is kept on as he'll be solid backup.

Elmo has actually grown on me.

You watch his mannerisms and passion you can see he loves the club as well.

• Like 1

Looks like lower tier to me? 

I would have thought he would have been able to get at least Club Wembley seats if not some official Villa Box. 

I like it.

I assume his contract would have allowed for a rise in the event of promotion. He has probably had a substantial pay rise before even starting his new job. Nice! 

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Didn’t even know we had signed this guy!

Snuck in when I wasn't looking 😳

Signed January and immediately loaned back to his old club. 

Just now, sidcow said:

Looks like lower tier to me? 

I would have thought he would have been able to get at least Club Wembley seats if not some official Villa Box. 

I like it.

I assume his contract would have allowed for a rise in the event of promotion. He has probably had a substantial pay rise before even starting his new job. Nice! 

Yeah I had lyden sitting in front of me in the lower tier

• Like 1

On 28/05/2019 at 23:16, Brumstopdogs said:

When I see women smiling like that I automatically assume they have teeth like a rugby playing walrus from Aberdeen. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Haha 3

On 27/05/2019 at 14:10, mole86 said:

He’s in the Villa end today, just met him queuing for a beer

I wouldn't have had the foggiest idea what he looked like and even if I did not for one one second would I think the guy next to me at the bar at Wembley was him. 

I salute you sir. 

I also Salute Guilbert for being there and his Wag with the bad teeth for suffering his indulgence instead of swigging champagne in Club Wembley. 

Played 30 games for a Bordeaux side that are top half mainstays in the French league.

The season before he made his switch, Caen finished 7th, four places above Bordeaux.

At a guess he would have been focused on the 7th place finish the season before when he joined them.

For no reason I think he's going to be the absolute nuts. Looking forward to seeing him in action. Good litmus test for the new recruitment team because it came out of nowhere.

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

For no reason I think he's going to be the absolute nuts. Looking forward to seeing him in action. Good litmus test for the new recruitment team because it came out of nowhere.

From Suso/Smith strike rate so far I am very confident in this guy

He is also not Alan Hutton (sorry Hutts, nothing personal) 

• Haha 1

Â