Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

Last season whenever the ball was near our right side I was a bag of nerve's, 

Seeing Gills first 2 games it was a pleasure to watch a right back that is composed and a serious threat going forward, 

Looks to be a great addition, how we managed to get our hands on him as a championship club is a real coup for our scouts

Very very early days but impressed with what I’ve seen of him so far. Quick, defensively solid, composed on the ball and able to deliver a decent ball.

Looks a potential bargain and serious improvement on those who have played RB for us in recent years.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

Very very early days but impressed with what I’ve seen of him so far. Quick, defensively solid, composed on the ball and able to deliver a decent ball.

Looks a potential bargain and serious improvement on those who have played RB for us in recent years.

I think he is going to be a great player.

I was a little concerned against Shrewsbury where he lost the ball cheaply a couple of times, but hopefully that's just match sharpness.

Looks a great little player overall though.

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Bit harsh on Elmo, but he does look handy. 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He got done a bit to easily early on in the game but he generally seems very dynamic. I have a feeling he will be great going forward but a little suspect defensively.

Agree, I thought the way he was done for pace twice early on was alarming....but reminded myself it’s our 2nd friendly, so he’d had 45 minutes before then, whereas they are a week ahead in prep. 

In any event it didn’t happen again afterwards....and his forward play was excellent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I like Elmo, he did well for us and I think we should hold onto him but I think he is quite limited especially at PL level. 

Sure I agree, but I'm not convinced yet that Guilbert is vastly superior. I'm hopeful, but I'm not there yet based on 90 minutes. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Sure I agree, but I'm not convinced yet that Guilbert is vastly superior. I'm hopeful, but I'm not there yet based on 90 minutes. 

Fair comment, I’m not certain either but have a strong feeling it will prove to be the case.

• Like 1

Based on a very small showing I genuinely think he's the most technically gifted RB I have seen play for us in the last 25 years . 

There was a dragback/shoulder drop early in the game that bamboozled their left winger and made me erect.  

Even if he's a bit suspect defensively for a while I don't think I'll care as he's going to get bums off seats from RB.

He is going to be excellent for us IMO and I'm pretty sure he'll be a cheap superstar in fantasy games.

12 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

There was a dragback/shoulder drop early in the game that bamboozled their left winger and made me erect.  

xfs_500x400_s80_door-to-desire.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Based on a very small showing I genuinely think he's the most technically gifted RB I have seen play for us in the last 25 years . 

Even if he's a bit suspect defensively for a while I don't think I'll care as he's going to get bums off seats from RB.

He is going to be excellent for us IMO and I'm pretty sure he'll be a cheap superstar in fantasy games.

The official PL one hasn’t noticed he exists yet...

Impressed. Thought he stood out with RHM and Wesley yesterday.

Does he have a song yet? I'm not one for lyrics, but given the similarities in this last name, perhaps:

"He is the very model of a modern right back footballer"

• Like 1

Â