Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

With Smith and Purslow staying that they didn't look at Premier League recruitment until after the Millwall game, its safe to assume Guilbert was primarily brought in to play in the championship.

He may still be able to step up, but I wouldn't be surprised for us to sign another RB as first choice. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

I hope he's been taking English lessons

My school is open, if he or more likely his missus need classes. Would be nice to have a Villa WAG actually, only had a Small Heath one and an Olbiyun one so far. 

6 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

With Smith and Purslow staying that they didn't look at Premier League recruitment until after the Millwall game, its safe to assume Guilbert was primarily brought in to play in the championship.

He may still be able to step up, but I wouldn't be surprised for us to sign another RB as first choice. 

It does make you wonder, doesn't it, especially when Purslow said post-game words to the effect of us being a year ahead of schedule in terms of expectations. Maybe he goes out on loan next season. To Derby or another team that isn't Dirty Leeds or Scum Alliance. :lol:

10 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

I think a RB is one of the less priorities if I’m honest. Also I don’t see us paying more than 6m to get another RB which won’t get us much better than him.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

He was officially ours in January,  we loaned him out.

yeah i know, but now hes not on loan (loan out), so thats why i asked to remove the loan out tag.

• Like 1

On 02/06/2019 at 17:41, Made In Aston said:

Whether we achieved promotion this year or next, the aim was to achieve it in relatively short order and therefore to be a premier league team whilst his contract was still in its infancy. We are only looking to buy players who can be part of that journey and thus I believe he was purchased as someone who can play at that level.

He looks to be a good footballer who can cover both sides of defence as a full back or wing back. I think our blue print will be to sign good young football players who can be developed and cover various positions. This will be essential as we try to build a squad. I expect him to be starting against Spurs.

He also looks to be able to spot a good long pass which could hopefully be a useful weapon for fast counter attacks. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â