Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

35 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe. I’m sure he mainly played left back for us though. 

Atleast in his last season he was a right back as Warnock went to play as a left back.

I think he’ll come straight in and improve us, he looks to be an upgrade on our current right backs. Will he adapt to the country and new surroundings? Only time will tell, I know it’s only YouTube but he looks class, Smith seems to have an eye for a player, he showed that at Brentford too

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he’ll come straight in and improve us, he looks to be an upgrade on our current right backs. Will he adapt to the country and new surroundings? Only time will tell, I know it’s only YouTube but he looks class, Smith seems to have an eye for a player, he showed that at Brentford too

So does our DOF if Atletico Madrid is anything to go by. 

• Like 2

On 06/05/2019 at 10:14, Demitri_C said:

I expect it will him and elmo for rb next year. Wonder if he was signed on the assumption we would be playing in the championship next year? 

Of course he was . We had no chance of playoffs when deal agreed

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Are you sure about that? We couldn’t have been that far off.

On a bit of a drawing streak, didn't start our winning run until March 2nd

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

On a bit of a drawing streak, didn't start our winning run until March 2nd

True but at the time we were 5 points off. For me I gave up  after the Albion game.

I think any player we sign from now will be on the assumption they will also be able to play in the top flight.  It’s pointless building a championship team to go up and then to strip it apart. It rarely works.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

Of course he was . We had no chance of playoffs when deal agreed

Not sure because if he isn't Premier league quality God knows what the point of signing him will be. Guess we will see in summer pending on what league we are in. 

I’ve only seen him on YouTube but he looks excellent, I trust Smith and his backroom, I think he can sign some hidden gems this Summer. I don’t know how much money we have but I trust him to spend it wisely, he has shown time and time again he can spot a player to fit in to his system and how he likes to play

• Like 2

23 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I’ve only seen him on YouTube but he looks excellent, I trust Smith and his backroom, I think he can sign some hidden gems this Summer. I don’t know how much money we have but I trust him to spend it wisely, he has shown time and time again he can spot a player to fit in to his system and how he likes to play

I think smith will go get Rico Henry so guilbert I think both is good full back simple type.

Villa need buy price wise in summer like who can play premiership and long term, young player range age 16 to 26. 

Smith has good record when buy defender or eyed on youth product defender as he in Walsall and brentford. 

Think guilbert will suspire load people and other clubs as he is excellent performance in France with low level.

Looking forward he play for villa next season.

• Like 2

On 06/05/2019 at 09:14, Demitri_C said:

I expect it will him and elmo for rb next year. Wonder if he was signed on the assumption we would be playing in the championship next year? 

I doubt that, we were definitely still in the hunt for the playoffs when he would have targetted - think Smith might well have been aiming for the autos in December.

Also knowing that we were sending him straight back on loan so knew he was for next season. If we were umming and arring about whether he would need better if we got promoted then (with the money promotion brings) we would have just waited until the summer to make that decision. I'm confident he has been bought regardless of which division we are in next season to be our main right back.

Â