Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Mings cost 8 million, he played what 12 games in 3 years ? Then played 18 or so for us in the championship and suddenly he's 20 million ?

Love the guys passion, fight and whole spirit but this should be 10 plus add ons including how many games he plays bearing in mind his injury record in the past.

And yes I want him here, hes a lion and belongs where he is wanted and appreciated. 20 million ? Nope unless we are going to have 140 million to spend so the extra 10 means nothing.

14 hours ago, LondonLax said:

They are not forced to sell him. If no one makes an offer they consider worthy they can always hold onto him and play him in their side. 

There is no rush from the Bournemouth point of view. 

except he won't play for them again.  They'll just have a disruptive influence in their squad.  He's more or less said he's chosen Villa by his actions.  seems this is just about bargaining and Bournemouth trying to get the highest price.

25 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

except he won't play for them again.  They'll just have a disruptive influence in their squad.  He's more or less said he's chosen Villa by his actions.  seems this is just about bargaining and Bournemouth trying to get the highest price.

Mings doesn't come across as the sort of player who would be a disruptive influence on the squad when something didn't go his way, and if he was that sort of player i don't think we would want him anyway.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Mings doesn't come across as the sort of player who would be a disruptive influence on the squad when something didn't go his way, and if he was that sort of player i don't think we would want him anyway.

Well said and great comment, as much as I want Mings to be a Villa player, I despise players who push their own agenda the wrong way. I don't see TM being like this and as you said I wouldn't want him if he was. Mainly because that means that his head could be turned again.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

I don't know about that, he has a very strong personality. Things are going well for him at Villa so it is positive, but no doubt he will be forcing a move should he not get it.

All the talk of Kalvin Phillips, Jack Butland, Joe Lolley and Neil Maupey etc. etc. and the one that I want to see walk through the door at VP next is Mings. The guy is a beast and passionate about the Villa. JFDI!

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

I don't know about that, he has a very strong personality. Things are going well for him at Villa so it is positive, but no doubt he will be forcing a move should he not get it.

I think there is a difference between trying to force a move and being a disruptive influence in the squad if you don't get one. That would be the sort of thing I'd expect from someone like Marko Arnautovic. He's clearly a quality player who was sent out to get game time and prove his fitness, and if Eddie Howe has a £15m - £20m rated CB in his squad next season I'm sure he will use him.

He's being clever with his use of social media. It's loud without being enough to be reprimanded by Bournemouth. If these roles were reversed everyone would be up in arms on here. Obviously not Bournemouth though, say it was a Leeds or Newcastle who has just come up and our player was flirting with all their fans on the internet.

He's achieved meme status due to that 10 game win streak as well, so the club is under a bit of pressure to buy him I'd say. Bournemouth should charge a fortune, and I'd definitely be keeping him right up to the start of the season. If he wants to move a transfer request should go in.

His performances were fantastic last year, but I don't think he's worth £20m as just a player. Maybe as a symbol he is. Like batman or something.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1

This is a lesson in loans - always have an agreement for a fee at the end, if both parties are mutually agreeing that a deal is possible. Look at the steal we got for El Ghazi, because the fee had already been agreed when his stock wasn't that high. Had that gone to a bidding war with the way his stock increased we'd have had to pay 10-12m more than we did I am sure.

If we had said to Bournemouth at the start of the loan, that at the end we could sign him for £8m I think they'd have snapped it up, as I don't think they had long term plans for him.  They now value him at 20m+, because they know how badly we want him and how much our fans want the deal to happen. It's now a Mexican stand off on cost IMO, I think if we left it late we could get him for less, but how much value do you put on a full pre-season given he's going to have a lot of new team mates to get used to playing with.

9 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

His performances were fantastic last year, but I don't think he's worth £20m as just a player. Maybe as a symbol he is. Like batman or something.

I wouldn't underestimate how important he was (and is) for us.

Clearly a leader on the pitch, not only did his performances stand out, he was a calming and steadying influence that bought confidence to those in front and behind him. He loves the club, enjoyed playing under our managers and loves the fans.

In a side that will see plenty of new players due to our recovery from Xia's "grand plan", having him remain as part of our spine is extremely important - and worth every penny of £20m

2 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

I wouldn't underestimate how important he was (and is) for us.

Clearly a leader on the pitch, not only did his performances stand out, he was a calming and steadying influence that bought confidence to those in front and behind him. He loves the club, enjoyed playing under our managers and loves the fans.

In a side that will see plenty of new players due to our recovery from Xia's "grand plan", having him remain as part of our spine is extremely important - and worth every penny of £20m

Agreed with everything he brings. A figure like him will be huge in the dressing room with so many new players coming in.

If he wants to join, he'll hand in a transfer request. If we go to America without him in, it'll be a blow to preparations already as he was such a key man. Wouldn't rule out us moving on.

31 minutes ago, Qwpzxjor1 said:

If we had said to Bournemouth at the start of the loan, that at the end we could sign him for £8m I think they'd have snapped it up, as I don't think they had long term plans for him.

Last season, there was talk from the club that, wherever possible, they wanted loan agreements to have a decent ‘permanent option’. We asked and got a fixed fee (perhaps increased slightly by promotion) for El Ghazi. There’s no reason to believe we didn’t ask for a fixed fee for Mings but Bournemouth declined.

Edited by brommy

6 minutes ago, brommy said:

Last season, there was talk from the club that, wherever possible, they wanted loan agreements to have a decent ‘permanent option’. We asked and got a fixed fee (perhaps increased slightly by promotion) for El Ghazi. There’s no reason to believe we didn’t ask for a fixed fee for Mings but Bournemouth declined.

Hause too.

Mings wasn't great out of nowhere, Bournemouth knew he could be that's why they signed him, there's no way we didn't ask for a permanent fee clause, if it's not there its because even after the injuries and lack of playing time Bournemouth know there is a good player there and didn't want to short change themselves. 

If we had just gone in and asked to buy him for £8m in January, then I agree, we'd have saved a lot of money. But then if he was just as injury prone as billed we'd have been mugged. 

Can't argue with how either club has gone about it and £15-20m is inflated but fair considering the market and the position we find ourselves in.

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 1

I don’t think the Bournemouth fans would be shocked or upset if he put in a transfer request. It’s clear to everyone that he wants to come to us.

This, to me, means that the only reason he wouldn’t put in a request would be if it meant he lost some money. But, if that’s the case, then wouldn’t Villa just tell him that we’ll give him an extra chunk of signing on fee?

Win win.

He’s on holiday right now, and I’m hoping that when he returns he hands in a transfer request.

As others have said, him being part of our pre-season is more important than haggling for a few million.

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

If we had just gone in and asked to buy him for £8m in January, then I agree, we'd have saved a lot of money. But then if he was just as injury prone as billed we'd have been mugged. 

We don't have to take up the deal. However I imagine Brommy is almost certainly correct that we asked but Bournemouth declined. I can't see Mings staying at Bournemouth, but it will end up being highest bidder which is annoying because he clearly wants to come back here.

Â