Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I do wonder if our constant "Announce Mings" and the clear and overwhelming desire from the supporters and from other players in the squad for him to join might be having an influence on matters.

It's not impossible that we agreed a fee with Bournemouth a while ago and the sticking point is Mings' personal demands - right now he could ask for an awful lot of money and we'd be under a fair amount of pressure to give it to him. A story where the club agreed a fee but wouldn't pay the wage would be potentially damaging to the club's current momentum. If I'm his agent I'm licking my lips.

I should say that's complete speculation on my part and I've no idea what's happening behind the scenes - just a theory on why things might be perceived to be taking a little longer than might be expected.

Yeah I thought that as well, but I think Bournemouth would be pushing him out the door. They'd have announced they'd given permission I think, or it would have got out.

I don't like it to be honest, but the internet gets itself whipped up these days. It's half a joke now to be honest it's everywhere online on anything Villa related.

As a player, we can get better for £20m. No doubts.

21 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I do wonder if our constant "Announce Mings" and the clear and overwhelming desire from the supporters and from other players in the squad for him to join might be having an influence on matters.

It's not impossible that we agreed a fee with Bournemouth a while ago and the sticking point is Mings' personal demands - right now he could ask for an awful lot of money and we'd be under a fair amount of pressure to give it to him. A story where the club agreed a fee but wouldn't pay the wage would be potentially damaging to the club's current momentum. If I'm his agent I'm licking my lips.

I should say that's complete speculation on my part and I've no idea what's happening behind the scenes - just a theory on why things might be perceived to be taking a little longer than might be expected.

I certainly think it must of weakened our hand in negotiations for fee and wages, I'm still hopeful we will get it done, but it is a concern and those concerns will only increase the longer it rumbles on

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think it's the opposite. We have agreed to terms with Mings but Bournemouth have shifted the goalposts and are holding out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Yeah I thought that as well, but I think Bournemouth would be pushing him out the door. They'd have announced they'd given permission I think, or it would have got out.

I don't like it to be honest, but the internet gets itself whipped up these days. It's half a joke now to be honest it's everywhere online on anything Villa related.

As a player, we can get better for £20m. No doubts.

I have serious doubts. Don't get me wrong, it's far from impossible, but players that you know for a fact are going to do a good job for you, can play the way you want to play, will leave it all out on the pitch and have the mentality to match aren't that easy to find for less. I mean I'm sure you can pick them up for pennies if you nail the scouting and get a bit of luck along the way, but it's worth a small overpay for that sure thing.

Especially as we need two of him. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 3

i would pay 20m for him whether u can argue hes worth it or not. (ofc would prefer 15m, but eh)

Hes a good player, and more importantly than that he's a fighter and a top man, could be one of our true leaders both on and off the pitch, i think what he can offer off the pitch is just as important as what he offers on it, and for both of those combined i would cough up £20m no problem.

Look at how he became such a leader for us in such a short space of time, rarely have i ever seen us take to a loan signing quite like this. (and not even a full year loan.....6 months).

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

He needs to just tell Bournmouth to sell him to us, he knows his heart is here.

I think it's more now about what price is right for Bournmouth and what they will accept, it's about us getting the lowest price even if there's only a million between there asking and our offering if that can come down more then why not.

I love what Tyrone has said to a Bournmouth fan lol:

One Bournemouth fan noticed and felt that was disrespectful to the club that pays his wages: “@OfficialTM_3 still a Villa player then Tyrone? No probs, bye then. Just hope you’re not taking an  #AFCB wage at the moment.”

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-fans-love-tyrone-16436066

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Love kings he was collosal but as others have said if he doesn't come there are many great cbs out there in confident we will find one.

I do think he will come though 

• Haha 3

Mings cost 8 million, he played what 12 games in 3 years ? Then played 18 or so for us in the championship and suddenly he's 20 million ?

Love the guys passion, fight and whole spirit but this should be 10 plus add ons including how many games he plays bearing in mind his injury record in the past.

And yes I want him here, hes a lion and belongs where he is wanted and appreciated. 20 million ? Nope unless we are going to have 140 million to spend so the extra 10 means nothing.

I can see Bournemouth holding out till late before releasing him, hoping to get a higher price however I cant see us waiting till the last minute as our manager seems more organised than the last 3 or 4.

Unfortunately I think we will need to just slap 14 million down and say that's the offer even though I think it should be far less.

3 hours ago, Dave-R said:

He needs to just tell Bournmouth to sell him to us, he knows his heart is here.

I think it's more now about what price is right for Bournmouth and what they will accept, it's about us getting the lowest price even if there's only a million between there asking and our offering if that can come down more then why not.

I love what Tyrone has said to a Bournmouth fan lol:

One Bournemouth fan noticed and felt that was disrespectful to the club that pays his wages: “@OfficialTM_3 still a Villa player then Tyrone? No probs, bye then. Just hope you’re not taking an  #AFCB wage at the moment.”

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-fans-love-tyrone-16436066

Can you tell me what his reply was without me having to click the bait?

• Like 2

I don’t really like the idea of us being held to ransom by Bournemouth. If we don’t pay them £20m, who exactly is going to? They’ve then got a player they don’t even want and who doesn’t even want to be there stuck on their hands.

• Like 4

I hope we're already looking at alternatives.

I like the guy, and the effort he put in last season was a joy to see, but, as comfortable as he looked last season, he's 26 and has never performed at the next step up. If we're serious about staying up next year, I feel like a Bournemouth reserve shouldn't be where £15m+  of our money is going.

A third of a decent season in the second tier and Bournemouth expect to be doubling their money on a player that couldn't get in to their match day squad? Nah.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I hope we're already looking at alternatives.

I like the guy, and the effort he put in last season was a joy to see, but, as comfortable as he looked last season, he's 26 and has never performed at the next step up. If we're serious about staying up next year, I feel like a Bournemouth reserve shouldn't be where £15m+  of our money is going.

A third of a decent season in the second tier and Bournemouth expect to be doubling their money on a player that couldn't get in to their match day squad? Nah.

I hope we dont!

Far too many new heads are going to be starting next season as it it, it would be foolish to make a change here when its not needed yet!

I believe we have a ”matching offer “deal with Mings.It would make sense for Bournemouth to see if any other club is interested in him.

That might explain the delay.Also they know we are keen to do the deal quickly and by delaying they may be able to get more money from us.It might be sensible for Villa fans not to show their desperation for this to happen as this is probably inflating his transfer fee.

Jota is a good piece of business.

El Ghazi was a good move - he will only get better.

Wesley was left field, but looks like a ready replacement for Tammy. Very promising.

Phillips, Butland, Benrahma are all very exciting links....

... but it's still Mings I'm most looking forward to signing.

• Like 3

Â