Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

On the fence about the figures being quoted. Don’t want to be too blinded by what he achieved for us but in a world where a really good CB costs £50-75m, £20m is probably fair as it’s not as if he’s in a totally different world to the likes of Laporte and van Dijk. He’s obviously not quite that level but he does the job and does it well. That costs money. I’d rather £20m on him than wasting less on some “potentially good” signings. 

Too much for purely him as a player.

Smith has to decide if he brings other things that are worth having.

Also Tyrone can speed this up if he really wants to by handing in a transfer request. If they're holding on for that much he shouldn't assume we don't have other targets.

Edited by Tomaszk

If we're paying north of £15m then we would need to be really sure he is over his injury woes, since he spent the best part of 4 years with bad injuries. It's harsh, but if he can't satisfy the medical team that he is top condition for years to come then we should walk away for this level of fee. The last 6 months were obviously a good indicator he is over his issues, but I'm sure a medical involves scans and estimating probability of occurrence etc which gives you a clearer picture. Hope it all works out.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

It seems that we have to make a decision to pay full whack for him now or else wait it out and try and get him for much less as the summer goes on. Bournemouth are probably desperate for someone else to join the bidding - as the longer it goes on the more likely that they'll have to sell to us at a bargain price.

They are not forced to sell him. If no one makes an offer they consider worthy they can always hold onto him and play him in their side. 

There is no rush from the Bournemouth point of view. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

15m we should be paying no more than that

Might be 15m straight + bonuses, or 13/14 + extras. My friend's dad was once high up in club, info is solid, he told me about Elphick a week in advance.

Edited by avfcDJ
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

15m we should be paying no more than that

I appreciate there will be an absolute maximum Villa will pay for any player, but are you saying Villa should not sign Mings for £16m?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brommy said:

I appreciate there will be an absolute maximum Villa will pay for any player, but are you saying Villa should not sign Mings for £16m?

I’m with you. I know it’s all opinions but don’t understand how fans determine value around the edges. Whether we pay 15m or 20m can only be determined good or bad in hindsight at the end of his time here.  I agree if it’s 15m vs 50m for a player but I’d like to understand why fans when looking at a player have definitive values in mind especially in a market that over the last 30 years has inflation that is incredible.

• Like 1

There is absolutely no way on earth that the hold up is simply down to Tyrone being on holiday..

27 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Tyrone is still liking (as recently as an hour ago) some AVFC related content from his Twitter account. Has to be a good sign, surely?

Then tell him to bloody sign!!!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, av1 said:

There is absolutely no way on earth that the hold up is simply down to Tyrone being on holiday..

Why ? seems perfectly feasible to me. He was playing until almost june - will report back for pre season early july. Perhaps he doesnt want to spend his holiday discussing the deal  

He has an agent - who may well have phoned him " its all sorted - just sign the forms when you get back" .....

6 hours ago, nick76 said:

I’m with you. I know it’s all opinions but don’t understand how fans determine value around the edges. Whether we pay 15m or 20m can only be determined good or bad in hindsight at the end of his time here.  I agree if it’s 15m vs 50m for a player but I’d like to understand why fans when looking at a player have definitive values in mind especially in a market that over the last 30 years has inflation that is incredible.

As fans, we have no idea what the budgets are, so I really don’t see the point in saying a player is worth £xm but not £x+1m. The club will obviously have their maximum for each player they are interested in but they have the full facts regarding what the budgets are and what the value a player can bring is.

Villa fan posted a picture with him on Twitter earlier after bumping into him on his holiday.

The fan said he asked him if he was going to sign and Tyrone said 'im trying'. Assuming it's true doesn't sound as though hes just waiting to get back to sign the papers

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I like Mings a lot but if it doesn’t happen it’s not the end of the world. Lots of players out there.

I know prices have gone mad but don't think he's a £20m player. Bournemouth would have sold him to us for £8m in January.

• Like 1

Â