Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, siminjo said:

i`ve seen a lot of people commenting that it`s his wife (and even kids), that`s been holding the deal up. Im quite certain that he doesn`t have a wife and extremely certain that he doesn`t have kids. The woman with the interior design shop seems to just be a partner and a friend.

Katie Thomas is the name of the girl he went into business with (whilst being out injured); who is someone he knew from school.

He has a young daughter.

I was thinking about the loan deal and the supposed clause to match any bid.

That clause gives Villa the chance to sign the former Ipswich defender on a permanent deal at the end of the season if they match the value of the highest offer from another club.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1080518/Aston-Villa-transfer-news-Tyrone-Mings-Bournemouth

Aston Villa are currently overseeing Mings’ medical at the club, but the proposed deal contains a bizarre clause.

According to Sky Sports reporter Rob Dorsett, the deal includes a ‘matching option’.

That clause gives Villa the chance to sign the former Ipswich defender on a permanent deal at the end of the season if they match the value of the highest offer from another club.

It just seems to me that there might be more to it and that on the face of it isn't really much of a clause and not a lot different to if there was nothing there. 

Could it be there is actually a fee agreed should we want to buy, but the clause kicks in should another club make a bid higher than that, and we would then need to match that bid as opposed to El Ghazi's deal where it was all pre-arranged?

Presumably there would be a time limit on that clause as it would be no good if it went up until the deadline as it wouldn't leave any option if it fell though. With this being the delay on why nothing has happened yet. Bournemouth waiting up to that date, in case any bids come in.

Edited by AlwaysAVFC
Update to include part of article

8 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

I was thinking about the loan deal and the supposed clause to match any bid.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1080518/Aston-Villa-transfer-news-Tyrone-Mings-Bournemouth

It just seems to me that there might be more to it and that on the face of it isn't really much of a clause and not a lot different to if there was nothing there. 

Could it be there is actually a fee agreed should we want to buy, but the clause kicks in should another club make a bid higher than that, and we would then need to match that bid as opposed to El Ghazi's deal where it was all pre-arranged?

Presumably there would be a time limit on that clause as it would be no good if it went up until the deadline as it wouldn't leave any option if it fell though. With this being the delay on why nothing has happened yet. Bournemouth waiting up to that date, in case any bids come in.

I think you are over thinking it. If any club bid and Bournemouth accept - they have a duty to tell us - and we can match the offer. That doesn't mean mings is legally obliged to join us - just we get a phone call before any deal can be agreed. Its nothing really - its not that different to us trying to sign Tammy....can we agree a fee and does the player want to join

48 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Katie Thomas is the name of the girl he went into business with (whilst being out injured); who is someone he knew from school.

He has a young daughter.

My mistake, he must be one of the few footballers not dating a model, and showing her and their children off on twitter/instagram at every chance.

24 minutes ago, hippo said:

I think you are over thinking it. If any club bid and Bournemouth accept - they have a duty to tell us - and we can match the offer. That doesn't mean mings is legally obliged to join us - just we get a phone call before any deal can be agreed. Its nothing really - its not that different to us trying to sign Tammy....can we agree a fee and does the player want to join

Yeah probably, I'm not too worried and think he'll be ours whatever. I also find it amusing how many people panic with the delay and every shit rumour of someone else after him.

55 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

I also find it amusing how many people panic with the delay and every shit rumour of someone else after him.

Wait, did you say someone else is after him??? OMG what the hell are Villa doing!!!!

Smith and Pitarch out!  Boooooooo

I always said Mings was a Representative for Wellingborough. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Yeah probably, I'm not too worried and think he'll be ours whatever. I also find it amusing how many people panic with the delay and every shit rumour of someone else after him.

A fat bloke down the pub reckons its a done deal. 4 year contract when he gets back from Weston.

Does that clause in the loan contract mean that if someone offers £4m for him and we then match it then our bid is automatically accepted? It means that his transfer value is determined by how much other clubs might bid for him and whether we're prepared to match it. It sorts of makes good sense in some ways because Bournemouth clearly don't want him any more but know that we're not going to pay over the odds so this is fair to both clubs, but not necessarily for the third club who make an offer for him. It also makes sense that there's a delay because both us and Bournemeouth will have to wait for a third club to come in for him before a value can be determined. Maybe this will go all the way to deadline day...

6 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Does that clause in the loan contract mean that if someone offers £4m for him and we then match it then our bid is automatically accepted? It means that his transfer value is determined by how much other clubs might bid for him and whether we're prepared to match it. It sorts of makes good sense in some ways because Bournemouth clearly don't want him any more but know that we're not going to pay over the odds so this is fair to both clubs, but not necessarily for the third club who make an offer for him. It also makes sense that there's a delay because both us and Bournemeouth will have to wait for a third club to come in for him before a value can be determined. Maybe this will go all the way to deadline day...

we dont want anything to go to deadline day tbh, our USA tour starts mid July, we really need to get as much business as humanly possible sorted prior to that so the team can gel and work on playing together etc, we dont want a bunch of strangers turning up just before the Tottenham game.

I would be quite concerned if we were leaving loads of signings close to deadline day.

We are doing well currently though, 3 good signings made already.

Edited by MaVilla

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

we dont want anything to go to deadline day tbh, our USA tour starts mid July, we really need to get as much business as humanly possible sorted prior to that so the team can gel and work on playing together etc, we dont want a bunch of strangers turning up just before the Tottenham game.

I would be quite concerned if we were leaving loads of signings close to deadline day.

We are doing well currently though, 3 good signings made already.

It seems that we have to make a decision to pay full whack for him now or else wait it out and try and get him for much less as the summer goes on. Bournemouth are probably desperate for someone else to join the bidding - as the longer it goes on the more likely that they'll have to sell to us at a bargain price.

2 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

It seems that we have to make a decision to pay full whack for him now or else wait it out and try and get him for much less as the summer goes on. Bournemouth are probably desperate for someone else to join the bidding - as the longer it goes on the more likely that they'll have to sell to us at a bargain price.

i know its not my money, but if it were me i would want to get him in asap and start the rebuild, if the difference in value is 2-3m just to get him now instead of just prior to the start of the season, would just pay it.

thats prob why im not a CEO of a football club tho :P

Edited by MaVilla

I think the best thing we can do is sit back and let DS and the team do the work they are doing behind the scenes. The Wesley transfer yesterday tells me there is no clue among the media who we are going for and they are clutching at straws. 

We all know the areas of the pitch we need to strengthen so let's all enjoy this summer, if you told us 3 months ago this is where we would be I don't think there would be too many complaints. 

UTV! 

Â