Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

Nothing strange about it - you just have to put it in context:

- Trippier's horrible back pass vs Chelsea that lost spurs the game.

- Van Dijk's error against Fulham that put Liverpool behind.

- David Luiz... well... take your pick :trollface:

Point being, all defenders make mistakes - even those that would cost more than double the price of Mings. His positives far outweigh any mistakes he brings.

So what's strange about highlighting his errors as well? I have said I still want kings put some saying pay up to 25m for him we shouldn't just pay over the odds for players for the sake of it.

I don't want a repeat of all the years we had. Mings was class for us and I want us to sign him but let's not get reckless with transfer fees just for the sake if it when he makes a lot of basic errors that could have cost us games. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sne said:

Adding 20-30% onto 1 transfer to get it done might not be the biggest issue in history, but it adds up if you keep doing it.

£20m instead of £15m for Mings? Fine I guess, bit pricey for me.

£14m or £20m for Philips, £15m or£20m for Bennybanana £17 or £25m for Butland...

That's money for another signing right there, we have to be smart and don't act like lottery winners.

Think/hope we have the right people in to realize that this time.

Owners with over 9 billion says we don't have to smart, 5 mill is chump change to them.

• Confused 1

Just now, KMitch said:

The reason you get to have over 9 billion is by playing it smart...  

I'm not saying they are not playing smart, I said our owners don't have to be in this case.

The work Mings did for us and we go in at fifteen mill, they say they want five million more, then so be it, it's still smart business considering the player involved, five million is nothing in that respect.

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Well at our level it would be the difference between me lending you £15 or £20. So, sure. 

Well, forget the point,  this has worked out well!

Edited by Nigel
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Except we're making plans for Nigel.

To lend him £15-20.

Can't afford that on Farm Boys Wages. 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

What's it for? You're not gonna blow it on jelly babies are you?

Point of contention: spending money on jelly babies is never "blowing" it.  Because then you have more jelly babies to eat.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I dunno what you lads are on about but I only want what's best for Nigel. 

Dear God! all these XTC puns all of a sudden.

18 minutes ago, blandy said:

Dear God! all these XTC puns all of a sudden.

Yeah, I've got my Senses Working Overtime to try and think up another.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I'm not saying they are not playing smart, I said our owners don't have to be in this case.

The work Mings did for us and we go in at fifteen mill, they say they want five million more, then so be it, it's still smart business considering the player involved, five million is nothing in that respect.

£20m is not, to me, smart business for him.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

£20m is not, to me, smart business for him.

Right we obviously want him, Bournemouth won't budge, so we either pay or go else where.

It will not be smart business if we go else where when we know how fantastic Mings did for us so we must pay the price for Mings.

It's our own fault on the deal we should of got option to buy put on but it didn't happen for what ever the reason

20 mill is still a steal for him and 5 million on top of the 15 million we posted is absoloutly nothing in today's football world. We have to look at the player we are wanting here. Smart business doesn't even enter it because Bournemouth have stated what they want and won't budge, makes no sense to keep saying smart business as again we pay it or move on.

Edited by Dave-R

7 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Right we obviously want him, Bournemouth won't budge, so we either pay or go else where.

It will not be smart business if we go else where when we know how fantastic Mings did for us so we must pay the price for Mings.

It's our own fault on the deal we should of got option to buy put on but it didn't happen for what ever the reason

20 mill is still a steal for him and 5 million on top of the 15 million we posted is absoloutly nothing in today's football world. We have to look at the player we are wanting here. Smart business doesn't even enter it because Bournemouth have stated what they want and won't budge, makes no sense to keep saying smart business as again we pay it or move on.

At that price - move on.

Â