Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Hause too.

Mings wasn't great out of nowhere, Bournemouth knew he could be that's why they signed him, there's no way we didn't ask for a permanent fee clause, if it's not there its because even after the injuries and lack of playing time Bournemouth know there is a good player there and didn't want to short change themselves. 

If we had just gone in and asked to buy him for £8m in January, then I agree, we'd have saved a lot of money. But then if he was just as injury prone as billed we'd have been mugged. 

Can't argue with how either club has gone about it and £15-20m is inflated but fair considering the market and the position we find ourselves in.

Yep.

There is way too much ‘hindsight management’ on some of the VT player threads.

1 minute ago, Qwpzxjor1 said:

We don't have to take up the deal. However I imagine Brommy is almost certainly correct that we asked but Bournemouth declined. I can't see Mings staying at Bournemouth, but it will end up being highest bidder which is annoying because he clearly wants to come back here.

I meant that we would have got him for £8m if we had tried to buy him outright in January with no loan. But his injuries would have been a massive risk and potentially could have left us looking stupid.

And agree that we would have asked and they declined the clause, that's why I think the£15-20m is fair. And nobody is paying that for Mings other than us. It's inflated and he's only got 6 months playing time under his belt. Bournemouth will hold off for as much as they can get. But he's coming here. 

The loan is over and no longer our player. Tyrone still has his Instagram profile picture of him in a Villa shirt. That screams volumes but subtle at the same time.

He'll be respectful until Bournemouth are being unfair. He is Bournemouths player and they're entitled to try and get as much as possible for him. At the same time if they're going to stop the transfer or holding out for too much money id expect him to ask for a transfer request. 

3 minutes ago, Qwpzxjor1 said:

We don't have to take up the deal. However I imagine Brommy is almost certainly correct that we asked but Bournemouth declined. I can't see Mings staying at Bournemouth, but it will end up being highest bidder which is annoying because he clearly wants to come back here.

As Bournemouth didn’t want to set a permanent fee at the start of the loan, I think HTP was referring to buying (not loaning) in January, in order to fix the fee, so we would have taken the (injury prone) risk.

Whilst many fees are set by the ‘highest bidder’, it’s not also so. A player can choose not to join a club that has the highest bid. Obviously the selling club has the right not to accept the lower bid and keep the player.

10 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

The loan is over and no longer our player. Tyrone still has his Instagram profile picture of him in a Villa shirt. That screams volumes but subtle at the same time.

He'll be respectful until Bournemouth are being unfair. He is Bournemouths player and they're entitled to try and get as much as possible for him. At the same time if they're going to stop the transfer or holding out for too much money id expect him to ask for a transfer request. 

Nothing subtle about a photo at Bournemouth station in full villa kit!!!

34 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I’m not sure it’s that subtle 😀  

• Haha 1

Yeah I don't think he's being remotely subtle. Would I be annoyed if it was our player? Nah probably not, I don't even care about Gardner's antics. Whatever, these are adults and we don't literally own them. I can imagine some might, but I find that attitude a bit silly. 

If a player so clearly wants to go, let him go. Bournemouth ofc have a duty of care to get a good price for him, but there's no point bleeding the stone here. From either side. 

You’d imagine Bournemouth are rightly trying to optimise the sale, I’d imagine we are showing we are no push overs. There will be discussions, we’ll come to a happy medium the deal will eventually go through 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

You’d imagine Bournemouth are rightly trying to optimise the sale, I’d imagine we are showing we are no push overs. There will be discussions, we’ll come to a happy medium the deal will eventually go through 

Just like Brexit then ...

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Probably showing my age but I’ve never been comfortable with footballers on social media.  Feels like it’ll come to no good.

Im sure it probably is a good thing though. 

I think Tyrone is revelling in his meme status. He's being treated like the second coming of McGrath as we haven't had a dominant centre half in about 10 years.  

I am not comfortable with him wearing a villa shirt when `off duty'; it is disrespectful to Bournemouth and I can understand his club and fans being annoyed.

(it is quite funny though)

Wouldn't want him to do it to us though.

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

So, Mings is admitting that his Villa shirt pic is misleading? 

Equally as misleading as Paul, who isn't a waterfall but obviously likes them and may want to become one in the future.

Bon chance Paul 

• Like 1

I do wonder if our constant "Announce Mings" and the clear and overwhelming desire from the supporters and from other players in the squad for him to join might be having an influence on matters.

It's not impossible that we agreed a fee with Bournemouth a while ago and the sticking point is Mings' personal demands - right now he could ask for an awful lot of money and we'd be under a fair amount of pressure to give it to him. A story where the club agreed a fee but wouldn't pay the wage would be potentially damaging to the club's current momentum. If I'm his agent I'm licking my lips.

I should say that's complete speculation on my part and I've no idea what's happening behind the scenes - just a theory on why things might be perceived to be taking a little longer than might be expected.

Â