Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Nah, out of the signings being brought in to start. The mooted £15m feels steep.

Moot.

If you put his historical injuries (which led to not much Prem playing time), next to his suggested fee then I can see your point.

But there's a risk with every transfer and overall, I think £15m for a potentially excellent player is worth the gamble.

Of all the question marks attached to Tyrone, I was most worried about his casualness on the ball, which only really presented itself towards the end of the season. Don't know if it's fair, but it felt a little bit like he knew his form was rock solid, so he believed his own press a bit too much.

Casualness or a confidence in your own ability that comes from making a significant contribution to a very successful run over a lengthy period of time ? I never saw anything to suggest he was becoming casual.

To be honest I worry about a lot of our players being able to step up including one or two who people think are perfect for PL.  Wont name names as I’ll be laughed at.  What I’m certain of though is none of us knows and maybe some who we didn’t expect, do step up.  I’ll just rely on Dean and the team to get it right.  I hope Ming’s is one of the ones that steps up because I love his style of play.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

To be honest I worry about a lot of our players being able to step up including one or two who people think are perfect for PL.  Wont name names as I’ll be laughed at.  What I’m certain of though is none of us knows and maybe some who we didn’t expect, do step up.  I’ll just rely on Dean and the team to get it right.  I hope Ming’s is one of the ones that steps up because I love his style of play.

What mitigates this in my eyes is Smith makes a team which is more than the sum of it's parts, we haven't had that since possibly MON, then you'd have to go back to Little/Gregory I spose. So you might look at the individuals and be worried, it's the collective they create playing to Smith's method under Smith's coaching that counts though. It's that collective that will succeed or fail. 

FWIW I'm sure you are right that we will have some pleasant surprises, but to balance maybe some seemingly nailed on to be a success might not hack it. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yeah some might struggle, will just have to hope the team is strong enough as a group to stay up, then we can develop and improve next season again as a PL team.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

Somebody posted about Mings on instagram today saying they’d met him twice this season, and hope he signs so he can meet him again. Mings has just liked the post. Here’s hoping 🤞 

we are scraping the barrel arent we :).........im also desperate.......come on Mings!!!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

I think the Jury is still out on all of them to be honest. Including Jack.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think Jury is out on all of them to be honest. Including Jack.

Agreed, will be a tough but interesting season. I don't think you can point to any of our players and say they are nailed on to have the impact at this level. Jack obviously most likely but we won't make as many chances next year, he have us a lot more than goals and assists this year, but he'll definitely have to give us more of those two things if we are going to make a success of the season. 

If it comes together though we should be in for a hell of a year

2 minutes ago, grayslickuk said:

There's some comments on twitter just now suggesting its all agreed but there are some other issues to sort out implying that its personal family stuff, relocating etc.

FYI - Twitter account is Tom Cowley

Yeah someone on here was alluding to this, suggesting that his missus is settled in Bournemouth and is unsure of moving north.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

17 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think the Jury is still out on all of them to be honest. Including Jack.

I’ve seen Jack take Liverpool apart at Wembley, he will be fine in his PL career - whether he can fulfil his potential with us is a different question but I hope so!

If he wants to sign for Brighton having been here and seen what's on offer, let him go. He's done very little outside of the Championship.

Don't think he will, it's just about agreeing a sensible fee with Bournemouth.

Â