Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

16 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I’ve seen Jack take Liverpool apart at Wembley, he will be fine in his PL career - whether he can fulfil his potential with us is a different question but I hope so!

Yep, absolutely no question that Jack is PL quality, since he's been there and done it. The unknown with him is whether he can consistently hit the level expected of a Champions League player.

As for all the other players, I agree with the poster who said that we can't be sure about any of them. Being under the cosh most weeks is a different mentality from dominating every game. Some players relish the battle, some prefer to be able to express themselves. Mings could well fall into the latter category.

I also worry with Mings that he contorts himself into some weird positions when he makes last-ditch tackles. Great commitment, but it's probably how he picks up niggles. He often makes tackles and blocks with his left foot that he should be making with his right foot (good example being the tackle that finished him off in the play-off final). He'll be doing a lot more of that next season than he was in the Championship.

18 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

If he wants to sign for Brighton having been here and seen what's on offer, let him go. He's done very little outside of the Championship.

Don't think he will, it's just about agreeing a sensible fee with Bournemouth.

Where did Brighton come from?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If he wants to sign for Southampton. He can f**k off. 

Portsmouth? He wants to stay down there and sign for Portsmouth? I though he liked it here and had ambition. He can f**k off.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, KentVillan said:

As for all the other players, I agree with the poster who said that we can't be sure about any of them. Being under the cosh most weeks is a different mentality from dominating every game. Some players relish the battle, some prefer to be able to express themselves. Mings could well fall into the latter category.

Whilst I see the point you make, Id argue that we were in one titanic battle from March onwards and the players appeared to thrive on it, as did the staff, and the fans. And although the opposition was easier than the PL it included all the top half who were also fighting for promotion.

And Mings actually expressed himself a great deal WHILST being an absolute defensive rock.

I don't think the poorest 10 sides in the Premier League will be as stern a test of character as that.  I'm confident we will thrive.

On 10/06/2019 at 16:56, nick76 said:

To be honest I worry about a lot of our players being able to step up including one or two who people think are perfect for PL.  Wont name names as I’ll be laughed at.  What I’m certain of though is none of us knows and maybe some who we didn’t expect, do step up.  I’ll just rely on Dean and the team to get it right.  I hope Ming’s is one of the ones that steps up because I love his style of play.

have the courage of your own convictions.....its not about being right......its about having an opinion.

You lot just scared the shit out of me.  Came on and saw a post about him going to Bournemouth or Southampton and pegged it over to Google to see what the headline was before reading the thread properly when I couldn't find anything. 

Don't do that to an old man!!! 

the muppets panic GIF

• Haha 2

Bad news guys. I've just heard that Tyrone, despite everything that's happened at Villa, and all that travelling to Bournemouth in his Villa kit, has decided to open the bowling for the Lord Falmouth Arms XI.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, terrytini said:

Whilst I see the point you make, Id argue that we were in one titanic battle from March onwards and the players appeared to thrive on it, as did the staff, and the fans. And although the opposition was easier than the PL it included all the top half who were also fighting for promotion.

And Mings actually expressed himself a great deal WHILST being an absolute defensive rock.

I don't think the poorest 10 sides in the Premier League will be as stern a test of character as that.  I'm confident we will thrive.

Yep, and I mostly tend towards the view that Mings will be a revelation in the PL with regular game time.

Mings was in a no-lose situation when he arrived here in January, though, and we've dominated possession in virtually every game since then. I also think the quality of the poorest 10 sides in the Premier League is a big step up from the top of the Championship, with maybe a couple of exceptions. So there's no doubt next season is going to have a different feel to it, and that might suit some players more than others. 

I guess I was just leaving a note of caution that not everyone who starred last season will star next season. Mings might be one of them, although IMO he should be a top drawer defender. The only player I'm 100% confident has the ability is Grealish.

But yeah, not disagreeing with your general assessment.

Edited by KentVillan

I’m not sure I understand why Tyrone playing for us next year would mean any change in living conditions or circumstances for him and his family. He’s had to deal all of this since he joined us in January. 

If he doesn’t join us, i’d be very surprised if not wanting to leave the south coast is the reason. 

8 hours ago, HKP90 said:

I’m not sure I understand why Tyrone playing for us next year would mean any change in living conditions or circumstances for him and his family. He’s had to deal all of this since he joined us in January. 

If he doesn’t join us, i’d be very surprised if not wanting to leave the south coast is the reason. 

TBF, we don’t know if the family thing is an issue - it’s just speculation. 

If it is a moving thing, then I can kind of see why. A 6 month loan is a bit different to a 3/4 year contract. 

He’s been able to leave his fam and commute for 6 months, but if he’s only seeing his Mrs and Kid 1/2 days a week, then I can see why that would be a problem long term if they don’t want to move. 

I’ll be gutted if (big if imo) he doesn’t join, but if it doesn’t happen for genuine family reasons, I’d understand.  

Has he signed yet?

And don't tell me he's on holiday, if we can use technology to see in to the furthest reaches of the universe as far back as 13.8 billion years, don't tell me he can't copy paste his signature in to a contract that was emailed to him in a word document a few hundred miles via electronic internet cables, last I heard we also had this technological marvel called email.....as well as another marvel called an electronic telephony device which can be held in the hand........bonkers I know.....

No excuse Tyrone get it signed!!! :)

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Has he signed yet?

And don't tell me he's on holiday, if we can use technology to see in to the furthest reaches of the universe as far back as 13.8 billion years, don't tell me he can't copy paste his signature in to a contract that was emailed to him in a word document a few hundred miles via electronic internet cables, last I heard we also had this technological marvel called email.....as well as another marvel called an electronic telephony device which can be held in the hand........bonkers I know.....

No excuse Tyrone get it signed!!! :)

For a multi-million pound contract, i'm sure one of our staff (and his agent) can catch a Ryanair flight to the beach he is lying on.

(*other airlines are also available) 

Â