Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

23 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Every manager puts their stamp on their team. His just happens to be an excess of RBs. Lol

A day will come when Southgate stands up and pulls off a mask to reveal he’s actually Big Steve Bruce after all! 

• Haha 1

Wow Southgate. He really knows how to put the boot in doesnt he. You do not really talk about a 29 year old defender in those terms. That they are ahead of him .  Thats his England career over then. And undeservedly so.

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Wow Southgate. He really knows how to put the boot in doesnt he. You do not really talk about a 29 year old defender in those terms. That they are ahead of him .  Thats his England career over then. And undeservedly so.

This will either spurn Mings on to prove Southgate wrong, or he'll completely give up

46 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I wouldn’t shed too many tears if Mings, Watkins or any Villa player don’t feature in this year’s World Cup. 

I appreciate that the players themselves would see it differently. But if I can bypass the whole tournament with zero need to keep an eye out for one of our players, I’d be ok with that.

I wouldn't fear either of them featuring, even if somehow both are called up. Mings would be 4th choice at best now, and Kane never gets taken off.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

and Kane never gets taken off.

Remember the hilarity of Kane stinking out the tournament for the first few games, and Southgate responding by dropping DCL from the bench so we didn't even have a second recognised striker available :D 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

All right footed CBs in the squad. Gareth probably knows what Mings is about and wants to take a look at these two younger players

He wouldn't say they are slightly ahead of him if that was the case.

Can someone post how many caps Mings has and how many clean sheets he’s assisted to getting with England?

Seem to recall it’s a really high percentage.

Seems quite an unfair decision based on his previous performances. Never seen him put a foot wrong for England.

Maguire on the other hand has had a pretty disastrous season and is picked perhaps on merit!  Double standards?

Edited by ferguson1

Disappointed for Tyrone as being dropped is not at all justified, especially with no other left side centre back picked and the inclusion of Maguire.

However, the less Villa players in the England set up is fine by me as once picked, the media begin their inane crusade to get them transferred to a ‘bigger club’.

Also, despite results I cannot stand out current brand of football under Southgate who has succeeded due to fortuitous draws in qualifying and finals but tactically loses out when up against a better team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Must be pretty deflating for him in world cup year, I don’t think he’s put a foot wrong in an England shirt.

Yeah real shame six months out from a tournament. Poor lad.

28 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Tomori isn’t Premier League standard though.

He is the best English defender at the moment. I imagine Chelsea are regretting the deal now as cant afford his buy back

Â