Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Deserves a special shout out, immense today !

Again..... Does anyone think it's a coincidence he looks better without Ezri every time?

Is it just a clash of playing styles or?

Too similar in styles? I think Mings is a good character. I wouldn't sell. I would try to phase him out with somebody better and give him the opportunity to raise his level. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Again..... Does anyone think it's a coincidence he looks better without Ezri every time?

Something in this IMO, looks much more comfortable next to Chambers, could be a good partnership forming there.

I think it might partly be that Chambers is better on the ball than Konsa, which takes pressure off Mings. My old man pointed out against Palace that Emi looked to play the ball out short to Mings on his left every time he got it, until Chambers came on and he started to go to his right as well

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Villa_Vids said:

Too similar in styles? I think Mings is a good character. I wouldn't sell. I would try to phase him out with somebody better and give him the opportunity to raise his level. 

You do need these characters in your team, even for a sense of continuity and mentorship.

Alot of the best teams have these sort of characters don't they? Well loved by the clubs, and stay till they retire, or leave with good wishes.

The Captain Morgan at Leicester, Mark Nobles etc if you know what I mean?

On the pitch though, I think he is one of the furthest from our worries.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm actually more interested in trying to remember if and when he signed a new contract to be fair!

Might be worth a look,.offers woudont surprise me.

start of last season

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Something in this IMO, looks much more comfortable next to Chambers, could be a good partnership forming there.

I think it might partly be that Chambers is better on the ball than Konsa, which takes pressure off Mings. My old man pointed out against Palace that Emi looked to play the ball out short to Mings on his left every time he got it, until Chambers came on and he started to go to his right as well

It probably relieves some of the pressure on Mings having Chambers alongside him.  Chambers is more vocal, better on the ball and vastly more experienced than Ezri (not as quick or mobile though).  

The block from Weghorst was as good as Pope's save from Traore.  

• Like 2

If only he could find consistency to performances like that. 

Without doubt, block of the season. Can you imagine how that must have felt being a Burnley supporter ? 

Tbf, on reflection, I should have maybe given Mings motm. He was a proud peacock out there last night, strutting his stuff. 

Edited by sheepyvillian

Jesus Christ what a block. I criticise him a lot but seeing links to Newcastle makes me sad. I’m as fickle as they come. He makes a lot of errors but Christ we are nothing without him. It’s shown when he has been ini

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Ironic that that unbelievable block may give Leeds some hope of staying up. The same Leeds who gave him pelters for 90min when we played them.

yep, i bet they're not chanting hes **** shit this morning are they

words removed

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FLVillan said:

It probably relieves some of the pressure on Mings having Chambers alongside him.  Chambers is more vocal, better on the ball and vastly more experienced than Ezri (not as quick or mobile though).  

The block from Weghorst was as good as Pope's save from Traore.  

Cash's blocked header also vital. Martinez was beaten 

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He overthinks and tries to overcompensate for the mistakes of others. Pair him with a better CB and we’d see him progress even more. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm actually more interested in trying to remember if and when he signed a new contract to be fair!

Might be worth a look,.offers woudont surprise me.

I think the simple figure for him should be “give us your club your city and everything else and we’ll still say no.”

8 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

If only he could find consistency to performances like that. 

Without doubt, block of the season. Can you imagine how that must have felt being a Burnley supporter ? 

Tbf, on reflection, I should have maybe given Mings motm. He was a proud peacock out there last night, strutting his stuff. 

He’s literally just gone about 6 games with that consistency hasn’t he.

• Confused 1

The reason him and Konsa don’t work is Konsa treats him as his passing outlet and is not comfortable in the ball which then means he trys more Hollywood balls forward.

Mings has been top 3 for us this season and has been our best CB since Laursen and Mellberg days. 

• Like 1

Â