Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He is the best English defender at the moment. I imagine Chelsea are regretting the deal now as cant afford his buy back

How did you come to that conclusion?

31 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Tomori isn’t Premier League standard though.

I’ve got to be fair mate, he’s played really well for Milan this season. In fact I would say he’s arguably been the best cb in Serie A this season.

On topic, it seems Mings is not in the clique when it comes to England - his place actually depends on his club form it seems, which ironically has been pretty decent since his last England game.

Selfishly I’m glad that he’s got a few weeks off, gives him a chance to recharge his batteries ahead of arguably his biggest club preseason to date.

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I don't understand why John Stones is always a shoo-in. Dude made 14 appearances this season in the league, 12 of them starts and at least one of them was at RB. 

But he's real good.

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Must be pretty deflating for him in world cup year, I don’t think he’s put a foot wrong in an England shirt.

The tournament is pretty meaningless and this is only its third go-round.

Southgate knows all he needs to know about his peripheral players and will use the tournament to blood the likes of Justin Jarrod Bowen and James Justin.

Bowen has had an impressive season with WH (18 goal and 11 assists) and Justin has had a decent season at Leicester.

If the tournament meant anything SG would call on his most experienced players.

37 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I don't understand why John Stones is always a shoo-in. Dude made 14 appearances this season in the league, 12 of them starts and at least one of them was at RB. 

Same reason Maguire is there. Same reason Grealish is there having not played when be couldn't get in as the best player in the league. Same reason Sterling will play every game at the World Cup even if he sits on City's bench for the next six months.

The manager is a yes-man moron who doesn't understand football.

He has the job because he can be trusted to not cheat on his wife or embarrass the FA some other way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Gutted for Tyrone, he's always been excellent for England. 

He seems to have gone from being 3rd choice to being 7th choice without it being clear why at all?

I presume at 29 and with younger options being tried that's probably his international career over to be honest. 17 caps isn't a bad record, but I'm gutted for him anyway.

To be honest, I do understand all the other selections, with the single exception of Coady, who's also 29 and not as good as Mings.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

From watching him play this season 

Yes but Serie A isn’t the premier league, I might have been a tad harsh and overreactive by saying he wasn’t premier league standard, but truth be told most average defenders look good in serie a these days,  average  more or less accounts for all the central defenders selected or available for selection for the England national team.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Yes but Serie A isn’t the premier league, I might have been a tad harsh and overreactive by saying he wasn’t premier league standard, but truth be told most average defenders look good in serie a these days,  average  more or less accounts for all the central defenders selected or available for selection for the England national team.

As we saw last summer Italian defending hasnt got worse at the top level. The top Italian league definders Bastoni, De Vrij, Skriniar, De Ligt and even Bonucci would walk into nearly all Premier League teams 

Tomori led the best defence in the league as the main centre back

• Like 2

It’s frankly embarrassing the disrespect Ty gets from the media and other fans who never watch him and judge him for the odd mistake. Look how he got slated at the Euros and never put a foot wrong. Southgate has an agenda and I am beyond caring about the English national team. It’s very obvious he’d rather indulge cheerleaders like Coady and his weird obsession with right backs. 

• Like 2

The only time he trots out the ahead of you line is with Villa players. First Jack , then the other month with JJ and now with Ty. 

I do not think its anti Villa bias though .  Its just him being a complete prick. 

Â