Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, The_Steve said:

After Smith wrongly scapegoated him and dropping him, I’m glad he’s been exonerated with such consistency in the second half of the season. 

He didn't scapegoat him in the slightest, and I'm sure that dropping did him good. Called good management.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, a m ole said:

eh, he’s been low key one of our most consistent performers all season aside from Cash who didn’t start well.

Absolutely, I'd add Ramsey too to the list.

Mings is a leader on and off the pitch, but yeah What a Block! Immense.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

If Matty Cazsh wasn't on fire this season, he'd be POTY. Gets booed at every ground he goes too (and probably in a lot of people's heads at VP), but he's an absolute colossus. 

be interested to know the voting for POTY. i reckon ty would've been in the top 3/4

16 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Interesting interview with him in The Times today. Whether you agree with some of his views or not, its a good read. Great block in the Burnley game the other day too.

His views? 

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

Such good management he was sacked a week later

You think that was down to him dropping Mings? I'd day Mings improved after being dropped, therefore good management.

• Like 1

I almost forgot about the dropping of Mings, got to say that wasn’t Smith’s proudest moment. At the time Mings was getting more shit than usual online and it felt like Smith, being under pressure, was trying to please Villa Twitter.

Mixed signals were sent when Villa’s defence collapsed, Konsa was sent off and Smith had to ask Mings to come on after all.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

His views? 

yes in the interview. i'm sure its unlikely everybody reading the interview will agree entirely with his views and stance on certain things. I'm sure yourself and myself do however

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I almost forgot about the dropping of Mings, got to say that wasn’t Smith’s proudest moment. At the time Mings was getting more shit than usual online and it felt like Smith, being under pressure, was trying to please Villa Twitter.

Mixed signals were sent when Villa’s defence collapsed, Konsa was sent off and Smith had to ask Mings to come on after all.

I think he was playing badly and deserved to be dropped.

He was getting tackled a few times a game taking his time on the ball.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That touch/clearance/pass in the box that led to the 3rd goal is emblematic of him. 

Does well to get out in front to the ball but his brain is so far from his feet he goes full baby giraffe and does that. 

33 minutes ago, kevpants said:

That touch/clearance/pass in the box that led to the 3rd goal is emblematic of him. 

Does well to get out in front to the ball but his brain is so far from his feet he goes full baby giraffe and does that. 

Completely disagree. Too drunk to explain but I don’t agree, at all.

1 hour ago, kevpants said:

He made a decent interception but Luiz was too slow to react and KDB beat Luiz to the ball,  it wasn’t on Mings in my option but then not watched it back so not sure whether he could have done something different, don’t think he had the time to hoof it.

43 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

He made a decent interception but Luiz was too slow to react and KDB beat Luiz to the ball,  it wasn’t on Mings in my option but then not watched it back so not sure whether he could have done something different, don’t think he had the time to hoof it.

Agreed. The third goal was a direct result of Luiz staring at the ball and watching the match happen in front of him instead of playing in it.

6 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

5 hours ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Agreed. The third goal was a direct result of Luiz staring at the ball and watching the match happen in front of him instead of playing in it.

It was a pass he intercepted not a shot. The City player next to him was attempting to control it. Why didn't Mings? And if he didn't feel right about controlling it, connect with it and clear it. He did neither.

• Like 1

Â