Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Maybe Bournemouth would take him back lol. I have no idea who else would try to sign him. I just think it would be odd for someone like Mings to only have one potential suitor.

He’d get plenty of games at West Ham, Leicester, Brighton, Newcastle, Brentford, Southampton, Everton or Leeds to just run quickly through the midtable-to-bottom half of the Prem, without thinking about the promoted teams. I imagine we would get about £25m from one of that group. However I don’t think selling him is on the agenda at all and I expect him to be our captain day one next season so all irrelevant.

Leicester playing the likes of Amartey at centre back for loads of this season are a good example of why we need a *squad*.

Edited by Adam2003

2 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

As a couple of other people have said, I think we'll see the best of Mings next season with a dominant and experienced right centre back partner.

The abs potential in this partnership is huge 

• Haha 1

Genuine question.

I know some are of the opinion Mings should be replaced because an improvement should be sought. That’s fine, that’s not what I’m asking.

But I often read suggestions from some that come across like his age is the main reason for replacing him. That a younger player needs to be brought into compete. For those who feel like that, are they content with potentially 3 central defenders aged 29 in the squad? Or alternatively, if Mings is sold, maybe 2 with Tarkowski?

Because presumably they feel that it now means we have 2-3 players that need replacing on a similar time scale.

For the record, as long as they’re good I don’t mind, I’d like to have some younger options learning the ropes for the years to come. But I’m conscious that there’s this sense from some on here that we need to be mindful of the number of players who are around the age of 30+.

Just now, hippo said:

Bye bye Ming's ?

Must be a possibility ?

Can't see saying "that's right Stevie , absolutely Stevie" as often as Stevie would like 

Only if we sign Tarkowski

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

No I think that's entirely impossible - it would be a sideways step at best 

100%

We have 5 subs next season and right now does anyone think Hause is here for the long-term? That leaves Ty, Diego, and Calum. Whilst we have some excellent young prospects we start the season with only three recognised starting centre backs fully fit. With a winter World Cup, we might not see Konsa back fully until early 2023. Anyone who thinks we are selling Ty is either short-sighted or got an agenda against Mings.

• Like 3

We put a better CB next to him and a better DMC in front of him and then judge him from there 

Would be absolute madness if we sold him 

Edit - 2 x 29 year old CBs also means we have time to develop kerr and feeney at a nice pace 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, hippo said:

Bye bye Ming's ?

Must be a possibility ?

Can't see saying "that's right Stevie , absolutely Stevie" as often as Stevie would like 

It's possible the club is dissolved tomorrow.

But that won't happen. 

I don’t know what’s more stupid. The idea that he could be sold, or some people wanting him sold. 

Wind your necks in lads/ladies. 

36 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

I would also like Mings to stay and think he and Carlos could be a good partnership.

I want him to stay. Been great for us.

Wouldn't be surprised if he moved on though.

• Like 2

I think he'll stay.

He does need a big season next year though so pressure is on.

Thought Sunday summed him up well. Thought he was outstanding for 70 minutes, switched on and covering the ground and cutting out the crosses. Then kicks the ball straight to a Man. City player and ten seconds later it's in our net for one of the goals.

Was going to say he'd suit Everton ideally but they don't have the money. Perhaps Leicester given they've conceded endless goals from set pieces and Evans is mid 30s now and Vestegaard flopped.

He'll be here in August and you'd imagine being left out of the England squad will motivate him a bit.

Guess his future is in doubt if we take the captaincy off him but we won't know that for another two months and I can't really think of many candidates as would be pretty comical if we just give it to McGinn.

35 minutes ago, av1 said:

I don’t know what’s more stupid. The idea that he could be sold, or some people wanting him sold. 

Wind your necks in lads/ladies. 

I haven’t seen many people wanting him sold, just being realistic. If we also sign Tarkowski he’s gone.

16 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I think he'll stay.

He does need a big season next year though so pressure is on.

Thought Sunday summed him up well. Thought he was outstanding for 70 minutes, switched on and covering the ground and cutting out the crosses. Then kicks the ball straight to a Man. City player and ten seconds later it's in our net for one of the goals.

Was going to say he'd suit Everton ideally but they don't have the money. Perhaps Leicester given they've conceded endless goals from set pieces and Evans is mid 30s now and Vestegaard flopped.

He'll be here in August and you'd imagine being left out of the England squad will motivate him a bit.

Guess his future is in doubt if we take the captaincy off him but we won't know that for another two months and I can't really think of many candidates as would be pretty comical if we just give it to McGinn.

He intercepted a ball, if Ramsey or Marvellous (can't remember which or if was both) and Dougie weren't ball watch they would of got there before KDB, especially considering he was further away from the ball compared to them. 

TY did the correct think and intercepted the ball, yes it would of be great if he could of controlled it and then cleared it, but he did his job and it was down to the 2 others that did nothing, next season with a proper CDM in Kamara he will be onto that ball and anticipating it. 

I'd rather TY than Ezri, if you watch most of season again and focus on Ezri you will see he pushed the problem on, and a lot of Ty's mistake were down to Ezri not doing his job. 

Maybe it's Ezri's age and he has just had a bad season, but for me I'd sell him 1st over TY. 

Â