Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

11 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Dem Germans eh , dem Germans, they bombed me Grandad Coadys chip shop during the war, eh dem Germans la

(England changing room Euro 2021)  

You have to laugh at Coady, his actions call for compulsory mirth 😐

Weel with a name like Coady, there's a good chance his Grandad's chip shop was in Dublin or somewhere similar.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Mings can be calm and composed though, very much so actually. He's shown it in his first 2 seasons with us (is also where all the "too casual on the ball" criticisms stem from). His hoofing down the line for Watkins seems to be a tactic, a quite fruitful one to be fair.

We’ll have to agree to disagree, Ty has done very well at times, but for me he’s a last ditch defender, lack of composure and positional sense.  The hoof ball thing I don’t know, I think he struggles to pick out a pass and is worried about making mistakes, and he did make quite a few that cost us this season.  

Edited by MasterVillan

2 hours ago, MasterVillan said:

We’ll have to agree to disagree, Ty has done very well at times, but for me he’s a last ditch defender, lack of composure and positional sense.  The hoof ball thing I don’t know, I think he struggles to pick out a pass and is worried about making mistakes, and he did make quite a few that cost us this season.  

How many mistakes has he made playing for England? Not many.  With better players around him at international level he's pretty solid, I imagine we will begin to see that as our defense and midfield improves.

26 minutes ago, duke313 said:

How many mistakes has he made playing for England? Not many.  With better players around him at international level he's pretty solid, I imagine we will begin to see that as our defense and midfield improves.

He hasn't made any that have lead to a goal that I can remember, other than he did get caught by the tv cameras once clattering someone off the ball but he got away with that one incident. I think England have only conceded something like 3 or 4 goals in games whilst he has been on the pitch. I think it is just fashionable to dislike Mings as all you read on the forums is Mings is rubbish (probably sha/Leeds/Wolves fans), so I feel he is the fall guy in this situation. I do feel bad for Ty to lose his place just before the WC, especially as there are other players who have been worse in recent months but are deemed undroppable by the manager. I suppose one positive to take from this is it will save 2 hours of my time watching us/England playing dull football.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, duke313 said:

You can’t compare international football to the premier league, it’s just not as competitive generally, unless you reach the latter stages of  the euros or WC

19 hours ago, sidcow said:

Because Southgate didn't go out of his way to say the other players were slightly ahead of Henderson. He did say that about Tyrone. He's basically mental. 

Southgate trying to justify his decisions is hilarious. He talks absolute rubbish and contradicts himself all the time. He's a weak manager whose opinions can never be taken seriously.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I doubt Mings will return to the England squad. Feels like Southgate gave in to the pressure from outside critics, and if that’s the case he won’t bring him back in.

Maybe he could travel along to Qatar as Coady’s partner?

I think he'll still go. His experience will be needed. Southgate giving younger players a look makes sense. 

• Like 1

Mings will lead us out as captain first home game of the season, I don't see him going anywhere. Thinking he will have a better season with a more experienced center back next to him too, Konsa has played enough games to know what he is doing however having a similar aged CB next to him will do a world of good as they can both concentrate on their own jobs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Whether or not we actually want to, I doubt we'd be able to sell him for the sort of price we'd need to in order to be worthwhile.

The only obvious destination would be Newcastle and that ignores the fact their current manager was happy to get rid from Bournemouth.

2 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Whether or not we actually want to, I doubt we'd be able to sell him for the sort of price we'd need to in order to be worthwhile.

The only obvious destination would be Newcastle and that ignores the fact their current manager was happy to get rid from Bournemouth.

Why is Newcastle the only destination for him? Is this coming from a flimsy link by footballinsider?

11 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Mings will lead us out as captain first home game of the season, I don't see him going anywhere. Thinking he will have a better season with a more experienced center back next to him too, Konsa has played enough games to know what he is doing however having a similar aged CB next to him will do a world of good as they can both concentrate on their own jobs

Yeah I’d love to see him paired up with Tarkowski or Diego Carlos. Think it could make a world of difference for Mings and for the defense.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Why is Newcastle the only destination for him? Is this coming from a flimsy link by footballinsider?

No, not at all. Why on earth would I give weight to clickbait bullshit? If you read what I wrote I think it's nonsense that Howe would be bidding for him.

Most of the clubs at the top of the table that could afford him and spend that sort of money on a defender will not be interested. Everton are desperate for a defender but won't be able to spend much because of FFP. Imo that only leaves Newcastle with any likelihood at all of bidding due to resources and need.

Who else do you think could and would bid £30m+ for him?

Edited by Sam-AVFC
  • Like 1

I don't think we'd get £30m+ for him he we bought two senior CBs and forced him out. People would know he had to be sold and the price would get forced down.

I also would be gutted if we pushed him out and said we needed to upgrade to a  ball-playing CB and cut out the defensive mistakes and then signed two 29yo CBs - one from Burnley and one whose effectively the Brazilian Tyrone.

One please and keep Ty. If we desperately want 2, get one 29yo and one younger prospect

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

No, not at all. Why on earth would I give weight to clickbait bullshit? If you read what I wrote I think it's nonsense that Howe would be bidding for him.

Most of the clubs at the top of the table that could afford him and spend that sort of money on a defender will not be interested. Everton are desperate for a defender but won't be able to spend much because of FFP. Imo that only leaves Newcastle with any likelihood at all of bidding due to resources and need.

Who else do you think could and would bid £30m+ for him?

Maybe Bournemouth would take him back lol. I have no idea who else would try to sign him. I just think it would be odd for someone like Mings to only have one potential suitor.

Â