Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Just now, ciggiesnbeer said:

Great defender, England's loss is our gain. Delighted he will be getting some time to relax, he has earnt it.

Just hope it doesn’t kill his morale, but I suppose he has a summer to get over it!

• Like 2

How does Connor Coady keep getting picked. Southgate will play 4 at the back and he simply can’t play in a 4. Sorry I forgot he’s a scouser and is good laugh around the squad ffs. We will never win anything with Southgate in charge. 

11 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

To be fair, some of the crap he gets from his own fans is more embarrassing 

yeah but he chews gum and has his own opinion on things. what a monster

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, WHY said:

How does Connor Coady keep getting picked. Southgate will play 4 at the back and he simply can’t play in a 4. Sorry I forgot he’s a scouser and is good laugh around the squad ffs. We will never win anything with Southgate in charge. 

Dem Germans eh , dem Germans, they bombed me Grandad Coadys chip shop during the war, eh dem Germans la

(England changing room Euro 2021)  

You have to laugh at Coady, his actions call for compulsory mirth 😐

Edited by Follyfoot

2 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I wouldn’t be that worried for Ty with this one… 

henderson has been dropped too and no one is reading in to that to much 

Because Southgate didn't go out of his way to say the other players were slightly ahead of Henderson. He did say that about Tyrone. He's basically mental. 

31 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Because Southgate didn't go out of his way to say the other players were slightly ahead of Henderson. He did say that about Tyrone. He's basically mental. 

I saw the interview and no one asked him

And no one asked about Henderson. They asked about Tyrone and he answered. 

People acting like it’s a declaration big nose made. when it was an answer to a question 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I saw the interview and no one asked him

And no one asked about Henderson. They asked about Tyrone and he answered. 

People acting like it’s a declaration big nose made. when it was an answer to a question 

Its still what he said though.  He feels these kids are ahead of Tyrone. He didn't say Tyrone has nothing to prove so he wants to look at what the kids are capable of. He said they're ahead of him. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Its still what he said though.  He feels these kids are ahead of Tyrone. He didn't say Tyrone has nothing to prove so he wants to look at what the kids are capable of. He said they're ahead of him. 

What’s probably factually correct. 

granted he struggled to find the right words, but it was clear it wasn’t a disrespect to Ty, just poorly worded… at best 

7 hours ago, Herman22 said:

A day will come when Southgate stands up and pulls off a mask to reveal he’s actually Big Steve Bruce after all! 

The most Southgate thing he could do would be to pull off a mask to reveal he’s Gareth Southgate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

if Safegate picked squads on merit then Maguire  wouldn't be in it  ,  charlatan of a manger , his luck has to run out eventually 

you can argue if Mings is one of the best CB's in England or not , but he has yet to let his country down when called upon and his club form hasn't been that bad that he warrants being dropped from the squad  

John Barnes got picked for England for years and was generally shit, brilliant for Liverpool but utter dirt for England 90% of the time. 

While mings has had his wobbles for club, he has been rock solid for England.

8 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

John Barnes got picked for England for years and was generally shit, brilliant for Liverpool but utter dirt for England 90% of the time. 

While mings has had his wobbles for club, he has been rock solid for England.

It's a good point, England were just hoping he'd recreate that goal against Brazil every time he played...

9 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

It's a good point, England were just hoping he'd recreate that goal against Brazil every time he played...

That goal was ludicrously over hyped at the time. It was just a meaningless friendly against a depleted Brazil with a quarter full stadium.

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

Yes, this. 'Ty's a known quantity, I already know what he provides, and I want to use the opportunity to look at some other options' would be one message. 'Tomori, Coady and White are slightly ahead of him' is an utterly different message.

• Like 3

We badly need two calm and composed CB’s, who are comfortable enough on the ball.

last time was with Laursen & Mellberg.

Im not a hater, but if we want to push on, both Konsa and Mings should be replaced or used as back up.

Edited by MasterVillan

48 minutes ago, MasterVillan said:

We badly need two calm and composed CB’s, who are comfortable enough on the ball.

last time was with Laursen & Mellberg.

Im not a hater, but if we want to push on, both Konsa and Mings should be replaced or used as back up.

Mings can be calm and composed though, very much so actually. He's shown it in his first 2 seasons with us (is also where all the "too casual on the ball" criticisms stem from). His hoofing down the line for Watkins seems to be a tactic, a quite fruitful one to be fair.

Edited by Keyblade

Â