Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

Said something similar before but fairly uncommon to see a player progress the way he has. Didn't burst onto the scene but rather has slowly and consistently progressed over the past year or so to the point where he's suddenly one of the first names on the teamsheet.

He’s a natural and he has a maturity in his play. He is going from strength to strength, literally better every game. He is the first choice midfielder for me now. He doesnt come across as terribly sharp but as a footballer he has great intuition and instinct which can’t be taught, he makes very good decisions and is technically good too, plus his confidence is improving all the time. We have a very, very good player on our hands, he could easily be as big as Grealish at this rate. What’s also great is Gerrard et al saw it too, it was him they were buzzing about when they arrived in October. Southgate was there today, I reckon he might just get a call up shortly, for me he is approaching ESR levels, and if anything could surpass him this season with this momentum.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Said something similar before but fairly uncommon to see a player progress the way he has. Didn't burst onto the scene but rather has slowly and consistently progressed over the past year or so to the point where he's suddenly one of the first names on the teamsheet.

It's honestly better that way. His head doesn't get too big and/or he doesn't get burnt out early. Slow and steady wins the race.

• Like 1

I think Gerrard really likes him too, someone Gerrard can educate and who will listen and learn.

Ramsey could really be a top midfielder. He has every attribute and his energy levels are super high, you could visibly see he was taking the game and driving at Manure and they couldn't cope with him.

He just needs to cut out some of the sloppy passes but that will improve.

5 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Lol at the match thread 

No offense to anyone involved but match threads are quite often a total cesspit. On the rare times I step in I remember why it's rare.

Anyway, great stuff from JJ in the end, great to see how much he's growing. The only thing he's missing from his game is the consistency to be present in the game for the full 90 minutes but that will come with time and experience. Could see him really having benefited from a Championship loan this season where he could have dominated and come back full of confidence but equally there's clearly no harm in him mixing it at the top level and learning on the job.

• Like 1

I thought it was one of his poorer games for the first 60-70 minutes. But he finished the game incredibly well and was instrumental in the goals. Lovely composed finish for his and a great cross for Coutinho's.

He's playing so much more courageously under Gerrard. It's great to see

3 hours ago, Mantis said:

Its a credit to Gerrard and the Smith management team. They both believed in Ramsey and now he is probably the first name on the teamsheet in midfield 

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Looked bang average last season. May even bordering below average a lot of the times. 

He just look so much more powerful and confident this season. The transformation has been incredible. 

He was good and looking a great potential. His runs and positioning were really good. You’d see it was a matter of times for goals to come. His confidence was getting better surely but looked a prospect. That’s why whoever looks up for it just believe in him. Don’t treat him as giving chances but use them. 
Look how Ramsey repaid us? We need to do the same with Chuck and other potential youngsters. Kesler seem the nearest. JPB could have some minutes until the end of January as we still don’t have our wingers back. 

Gonna hold my hands up a bit here because  I’ve questioned whether he’s really ready for the PL. But he is so confident despite some mistakes and it seems a player like Coutinho is happy to specifically pick him out. 

I shouldn’t be so quick to judge some mistakes because her clearly class and Gerrard has put him right where he needs to be. I’ve been a willy AND IM SORRY

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Gonna hold my hands up a bit here because  I’ve questioned whether he’s really ready for the PL. But he is so confident despite some mistakes and it seems a player like Coutinho is happy to specifically pick him out. 

I shouldn’t be so quick to judge some mistakes because her clearly class and Gerrard has put him right where he needs to be. I’ve been a willy AND IM SORRY

There is a phrase which I usually don’t get. (Ready for Premier League). Yes I’d agree if he was competing with world beaters or players in his position. But sometimes we play some players that anyone could replace. Sometimes we play good but similar type of players. Sometimes you don’t have to be fully ready to put an impact.

Sometimes it can’t get in worse. Just try something different and new. Believe in yours players and they’ll reward you. Don’t try the same mistake again and again.

I think even Aaron Ramsey or JPB would do a better impact instead of one of Ings or Watkins, let alone Chuck or J.Ramsey. 

Really turning into quite the player. He was a bit Jack of all trades, master of none last season but he's started to come into his own this year under both managers. Dean and Gerrard both have gotten another level out of him this year but Gerrard's tutelage is really turning him into a bit of a marauding attacking midfielder.

He's basically become the Ross Barkley we all thought we had gotten on loan during his first few games last year.

Incredible development.

35 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Will surely be capped by England soon. Him and Bellingham together would work really well

With Southgate in charge??! 

Its the short world cup cycle so I don't see it, he'll go for a settled squad and his favourites, think even Bellingham is going to struggle for starts ahead of rice, phillips and Henderson 

I echo the sentiments in this thread already mentioned. When he was first coming through I just couldn’t see ‘it’. Tidy but nothing special. 

However, this season. Wow. What a player he is turning into. The way he carries the ball. Some of his touches and quick passes are sublime. I often forget how young he is. 

He looks quicker and stronger too as he’s maturing. He is becoming a great all round midfielder. Oh, and he also seems to have a cracking shot on him! 😍

7 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

That’s what youth development is like, doesn’t happen overnight.

But doesn't happen that quickly either..... Henceforth, Jacob Ramsey is a special talent!

How much do you think he’s now worth? 20 years of age and developing his all round game. Pundits and opposition fans really taking note. Matter of time before an England call up based on his current trajectory. Fair play to Deano and Gerrard for their belief and work with him. Perfectly handled so far. 

Â