Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

22 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

This is what I’ve been saying for a while. He has all the tools. He’s quick, good with the ball at his feet, can pick a pass and he’s capable of scoring.

He’s not quite there yet, but then he’s 6 years off his ‘prime’. Imagine how good he’s going to be in a few years.

I think he should spend some time in the Summer on the weights. Put a few pounds of muscle on. It will massively benefit him. 

Jacob Ramsey is one of those players that seems to have incremental improvements month on month. He can go missing sometimes but his ability to do those poke balls where we play in triangles and then take the return ball and drive forward is going to make him a huge player.  I do disagree about the weights though. I think his natural strength is bang on . Very rarely he gets pushed off the ball. As he gets older he will make Paul Ince look weak i reckon

• Like 4

10 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

I just had to check I was in the right thread. Really?? I thought he was really poor.

Ditto. Lots of misplaced passes, getting in the way of other players, looked a bit overawed at times as well.

I'm a JJ fan but I thought he had one to forget last night

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I thought he totally redeemed himself with that strong second- half performance. 

Those give and goes are becoming his hallmark. All that's needed now is consistency. 

He's definitely growing as a player and all this first team experience has been very good for him. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lexicon said:

He's definitely growing as a player and all this first team experience has been very good for him. 

Cant remember any of our recent youth players growinh at such an age. Even Grealish for all his talent at that age wasn't getting starts

He has probably played about 20 more league games and in a stronger Villa team

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, nepal_villan said:

Undoubtedly a talent. Just feel he needs to be managed a bit by Gerrard. Believe Sanson would have been a more steady figure at the start of the match when United were pressing. 

Probably keeping Sanson fit for the weekend given Mcginn’s suspension 

5 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Why did he receive a yellow card? Shaw and his multiple fouls got his at around foul 20, JJ got carded on his first offence 

The BBC feed didn't actually show it I don't think.

As to why Ramsey got booked on his first offence but Shaw got away with about 10 before finally getting booked, it's United so they play by different rules.

16 hours ago, WHY said:

Best player on the pitch for me, technically he’s our best player imo. Well get even better with better footballers around him.

Are you serious. He’s nowhere near Buendias level yet, our best player yesterday by a mile. He’s good on the ball and can carry it well. I’ve not seen any range of passing for him and if the balls on his left foot he’ll often turn round and pass it back. I’ve had to check I’m on the right thread after reading that 

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

He’s had a lot of praise from neutral fans for his performance last night.

I like him and there is clearly more to come from him.

My mate text me and said, 'Who is that Ramsey, he's class'.

This kid can go to the top. 

47 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Why did he receive a yellow card? Shaw and his multiple fouls got his at around foul 20, JJ got carded on his first offence 

Honestly spent the whole game wondering. I’m sure the commentator said something about interference with de gea or something. Oliver had an absolute shocker last night. Shaw and Fernandes ran riot with 3/4 fouls each it was ridiculous. I honestly wouldn’t have been surprised if he gave JJ another yellow for the Cavani one, that’s how bad he was last night 

• Like 1

“For me this season the big thing that has changed is confidence. Last season in certain games you could see I was lacking it and not really believing in myself.

“This season I feel a lot more confident. I’m starting to believe in myself and hopefully people are seeing that from the outside.

“The more games I play I am only going to get more confidence. It has taken a lot of games for me to get this far and now I want to add to it.”

Edited by Jas10

Â