Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

2 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

A player who is showing he can take games by the scruff of the neck.

Said it before - 2 months ago I was saying that he should be off on loan somewhere.  In the last few weeks his improvement has been insane.  If we sign another CM (ideally a DCM) this window then I am beginning to think that JJ should not be the one dropping to the bench.

• Like 1

On 17/01/2022 at 15:13, TRO said:

Its never that easy to judge....many things have to come together.....He still has some work to do on his engine and his 90 mins.....he was a bit lethargic in the first half.

I think JJ was one of the ones who had "Home Truths" whispered in his ear....because he was on the front foot in the second half.

Why do we call him JJ?.. 

29 minutes ago, allani said:

Said it before - 2 months ago I was saying that he should be off on loan somewhere.  In the last few weeks his improvement has been insane.  If we sign another CM (ideally a DCM) this window then I am beginning to think that JJ should not be the one dropping to the bench.

I think Gerrard is a big fan, I dont see him dropping to the bench and no reason why he would be dropped on form 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, allani said:

Talking of which - I live in Italy and so when Villa are on TV it is with Italian commentators.  I am always blown away by how much these guys know about English football (my only previous comparison being British commentators talking about foreign teams).  The guy yesterday mentioned at least twice that the Villa fans were singing "he's one of our own" to Jacob Ramsey because he had come through the Villa academy and then talked about our academy and other players coming through.  He talked about how much Ramsey had improved this season and was leading the charge for the youngsters coming through.  Mentioned that Gerrard had said that Ramsey had more potential than he did at the same age, etc.  He did the same thing about the Everton players as well.  Considering that during Euro 21 half the British commentators didn't know which clubs most of the Italian squad played for it is insane.  For some reason an Italian commentator waxing lyrical about "one of our own" and our academy made me feel really proud and a little emotional.

There is an air of the US of A vibe with English commentators and experts as in "we are the best so why should be bother about the rest of the world". Guess it's a remnant from the Colonial days.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, allani said:

Considering that during Euro 21 half the British commentators didn't know which clubs most of the Italian squad played for it is insane.  For some reason an Italian commentator waxing lyrical about "one of our own" and our academy made me feel really proud and a little emotional.

The commentary and punditry in England is really bad, full of cliches and people who only have a job because they were good players. You will very rarely hear a pundit discuss tactics but rely on outdated rubbish. Example if any Italian team is playing they talk about how negative Italian football is 😂

• Like 2

Ramsey is getting better and better...

He really drove us on in the first-half at Everton, and linked up well with those infront of him.

As Gerrard sees a reflection of himself in Ramsey this is a great thing for us as he is learning from a Master.

5 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Bit of swagger now, isn’t there? He’s in the thick of the celebrations, not afraid to play the pass he wants rather than going for the easy option to the senior pro. He’s developing nicely. 

He loves a one-two then driving on with the ball. Cant remember our last centre midfielder who played like that

Goalscoring threat as well, probably needs to work a bit on his defensive side but yeah he is doing very well

56 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Why do we call him JJ?.. 

because he's the second coming of Jay Jay Okocha ,  must be a middle name? they refer to Aaron his brother as AJ also.

Edited by gwi1890

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

because he's the second coming of Jay Jay Okocha , no must a middle name as the refer to Aaron his brother as AJ also.

Strange one as his middle name is Matthew 

Just now, Lord Willard said:

Crazy but how far is he from an England call up to the senior team. I know ESR is just breaking through 

I hope he never gets called up , England call ups ruin our players.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Crazy but how far is he from an England call up to the senior team. I know ESR is just breaking through 

Oh no, The very thought of Boregate chatting shit about him boils my piss already. 

Probably already working out how he can take the credit for him. 

• Like 1

Â