Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

9 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Who?  He is 2 years ahead of the FA Youth Cup winning players. 

10 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Who?  He is 2 years ahead of the FA Youth Cup winning players. 

He was good but some of the youth cup kids aren't much younger, Barry, Chuk and his brother Aaron were rated better prospects imo. I think he has flown the last 12 months, some on here didn't think he'd making and he's proving them wrong. 

32 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

He was good but some of the youth cup kids aren't much younger, Barry, Chuk and his brother Aaron were rated better prospects imo. I think he has flown the last 12 months, some on here didn't think he'd making and he's proving them wrong. 

Its never that easy to judge....many things have to come together.....He still has some work to do on his engine and his 90 mins.....he was a bit lethargic in the first half.

I think JJ was one of the ones who had "Home Truths" whispered in his ear....because he was on the front foot in the second half.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Yes but he's 2 years older than them. Which means he's a lot more physically mature. 

• Like 1

He is so good in terms of game understanding. When Everton had the 2 on 1 break on ,he placed himself perfectly to stop the pass. Those things can get missed but when the pundit mentioned it i noticed how perfectly he did that.A solid 7 out of 10 against a team that really played physically . 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

He is so good in terms of game understanding. When Everton had the 2 on 1 break on ,he placed himself perfectly to stop the pass. Those things can get missed but when the pundit mentioned it i noticed how perfectly he did that.A solid 7 out of 10 against a team that really played physically . 

Yes noticed that to, and he had to go toe to toe with Doucore and held his own.

10 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Perhaps it’s his boxer dad coming out in him?

I don’t know Mark Ramsey lost 44 out of 66 career bouts but still I wouldn’t like to mess with him 🤣 and tbf 66 fights during a professional career is insane.

Edited by gwi1890

3 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I don’t know Mark Ramsey lost 44 out of 66 career bouts but still I wouldn’t like to mess with him 🤣 and tbf 66 fights during a professional career is insane.

Loose or not I think his mental strength is coming out in his son. JJ is happy ‘coming back for more’!

• Like 1

He has the ability to run with the ball to get himself out of trouble and open up the game for us. He makes it look so easy yet it’s a very tough skill. You have to have confidence in your own ability to move with the ball in your own half under pressure. 

Im sure the coaching team at Villa have told him to drive with the ball as much as possible when he gets chance. Defenders hate players running at them at pace (obviously).

I keep saying it, but he’s got all the tools to be an amazing player. If he keeps improving at the rate he does… how good is he going to be at 24? 

Fast becoming one of the first names on the teamsheet and say it quietly, but, he’s not even the ‘good’ Ramsey..

Exciting.

• Like 1

Â