Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

47 minutes ago, El Zen said:

I have to admit, if I had the final say at half time, JJ wouldn’t even have been on the pitch to score and assist those goals after a poor first half. I feel kind of bad about that now.

Don’t feel bad. It’s ok for us all to admit that we don’t ACTUALLY know anything about managing an elite football team haha.

• Like 1

If any one wants to.start negotiations to purchase Jacob they all know our starting.point now.  100 million. 

That said i think that those days are going. The next few years are going to see the rise of the homegrown player. Across the league more and more youngsters are coming through that are of a huge quality. The coaching that has changed over the last 15 years is giving these kids the chance to be on a level playing field with those in Europe and South America. Technical ability is light years ahead of 20 years ago. 

54 minutes ago, catanzaro said:

If Sanson hadn’t got injured I think he would have missed some valuable development last year.. Silver linings and all that..

Nah he was in making apps from November ahead of Hourihane. I think he'd have been competing with Sanson.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Just watched the goals again...

Apart from the touch and finish which was top class for his assist Ramsey shows amazing awareness to have a look over before squaring the ball for Coutinho.

Yeah I loved that. The best players have the time to take those looks even in tight situations. Weird as it sounds it’s the biggest hint he is something special.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Don’t feel bad. It’s ok for us all to admit that we don’t ACTUALLY know anything about managing an elite football team haha.

Easy there. At 34, I’ve only just started to accept I will probably never be a Premier League footballer. 

I’m not ready to admit another defeat so soon. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Oh bugger. The scum 6 will start to want him soon.

If by soon you mean 4 months ago.

Aston Villa starlet wanted by Man City as Guardiola plans for the future

Aston Villa will have to fend off Pep Guardiola and Man City for one of their prized assets, according to a report.

The West Midlands side have had a decent start to the Premier League campaign. They have responded to the opening day defeat to Watford by picking up ten points from five matches.

Their most recent game was a dramatic 1-0 triumph over Man Utd away from home. Centre-back Kourtney Hause gave them the lead in the 88th minute before Bruno Fernandes missed an injury-time penalty.

One player who has featured regularly this season is 20-year-old Jacob Ramsey.

More in link ...

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Somehow I don't see Jacob being in any rush to leave the club, even for teams above us. The signing of Phil Coutinho has taken the club onto a level that even JG couldn't elevate us to. I think the days of players really seeing Utd, Spurs, Arsenal as a major step up are dwindling. City, Chelsea and Liverplop next. I also think Jacob would look at the JG situation and realise it isn't all it's cracked up to be. He also seems to be a very grounded young man who I think realises when he's being looked after and what he could be part of. I think he'll be a huge part of the clubs future over the next several years.

• Like 2

I actually thought a couple of his contemporaries from the unders may have broken through before JJ, you just never know how it's going to pan out. We are in a good place with the kids and we've added another this week. I do not think this is going to stop either, having our very own conveyor belt of talent is something we have neglected for ages.

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

I actually thought a couple of his contemporaries from the unders may have broken through before JJ, you just never know how it's going to pan out. We are in a good place with the kids and we've added another this week. I do not think this is going to stop either, having our very own conveyor belt of talent is something we have neglected for ages.

Who?  He is 2 years ahead of the FA Youth Cup winning players. 

On 10/01/2022 at 21:59, VillaJay said:

I thought he was out best player today, just needs to be more confident in shooting when in good positions.

Carries the ball well, great engine and only going to get better. 

In the second half, he come alive.....first half mehhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Â