Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

2 hours ago, useless said:

I don't think we should judge him too much on goals and assists, he's playing in central midfield as a box-to-box midfielder and in Gerrard's system has a lot of defensive duties, it's not as if he's playing as an out and out attacking midfielder.

Besides three goals for a central midfielder is pretty good, especially one still relatively new to this level, only Gallager, Ward-Prowse, Foden, and Gündogan have scored more in the Premier League as central midfielders, and of those Foden, and Gallager play futher forward, and Ward-Prowse is on set-pieces and penalties, so relative to other central midfielders he's doing well goals scoring wise.

It’s striking that he’s our main goal threat from midfield. With his current rate of development and coaching from gerrard I can see him being a regular 10+ goal scoring midfielder. We haven’t had one of those since milner

• Like 1

I thought he was very wasteful for large parts of the game yesterday. As a few players were.  However, he helped change the game and has improved massively this season over the last couple of months so deserves a huge pat on the back. Has a very bright future if he can stay level headed.

Not the most important thing but does anyone know if he's a Villa fan? Noticed in his interview he said it meant a lot coming from the academy rather than being a fan. It would help maybe keep him for longer if he was, but then again, we know if the bigger clubs come knocking it probably wouldn't count for much anyway. 

Great 2nd half performance yesterday. He's come on leaps and bounds this season. 

4 minutes ago, 5-1 said:

Not the most important thing but does anyone know if he's a Villa fan? Noticed in his interview he said it meant a lot coming from the academy rather than being a fan. It would help maybe keep him for longer if he was, but then again, we know if the bigger clubs come knocking it probably wouldn't count for much anyway. 

Great 2nd half performance yesterday. He's come on leaps and bounds this season. 

If you start aged 7 in the academy then 100 percent you are a villa fan.  

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Thanks for posting that. I have to admit, if I had the final say at half time, JJ wouldn’t even have been on the pitch to score and assist those goals after a poor first half. I feel kind of bad about that now. Shows how important it is to give those young talents time and a chance to improve. 

And he does come across as a genuinely nice and humble young man. Which is admirable for someone so obviously talented, and makes you hope he’ll make better lifestyle choices than certain other wonderkids we’ve had coming through our ranks. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He's the real deal isn't he. 

I only 20, he's still 8 years away from his peak. 

Needs a new deal now.  Not only protects us but he deserves it. 

I think so, the way he plays is so effortless. His energy levels are superb too, as Manure tired he was becoming stronger!

A new deal for sure, he deserves it!

4 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Thanks for posting that. I have to admit, if I had the final say at half time, JJ wouldn’t even have been on the pitch to score and assist those goals after a poor first half. I feel kind of bad about that now. Shows how important it is to give those young talents time and a chance to improve. 

And he does come across as a genuinely nice and humble young man. Which is admirable for someone so obviously talented, and makes you hope he’ll make better lifestyle choices than certain other wonderkids we’ve had coming through our ranks. 

He does seem to have the right character to go along with his talent. So promising and is just going from strength to strength. Playing with the likes of Buendia & Coutinho is only going to improve him. Adding some steel in midfield would allow him to express himself even more too.

49 minutes ago, 5-1 said:

Not the most important thing but does anyone know if he's a Villa fan?

I’ve not heard him say he’s a fan, but his brother said he is a villa fan during his interview after joining Cheltenham on loan (the video is posted in the Aaron Ramsey thread). 

So I presume it’s a Villa family. 

45 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Bellingham getting so many plaudits - quite rightly - but Ramsey is doing it in a tougher league. I can definitely see them both playing CM for England in years to come. 

He’s a whole season and a half behind Jude though - but long may it continue

Â