Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

1 minute ago, Jono62 said:

I hate this 'Ramsey was great, much better than this player'. Just be happy with the lads performance without putting a negative towards it.

I love his interviews, he comes across very genuine.

It’s weird, his first half was really poor. Stepped up later in the second but it was mainly the influence he had on the two goals, little moments.

Rare that players change their game and a match on a dime like that though and why his ceiling is so high. Add some consistency to his game and he’ll be a superstar.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Indigo said:

No offense to anyone involved but match threads are quite often a total cesspit. On the rare times I step in I remember why it's rare.

A big thing with the match threads are people are constantly on their phones reading posts and typing their own thoughts that they end up missing a lot of the action and good things players do. 

I found it myself so only really have the odd post at half time. 

12 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

A big thing with the match threads are people are constantly on their phones reading posts and typing their own thoughts that they end up missing a lot of the action and good things players do. 

I found it myself so only really have the odd post at half time. 

I used to only post in the match threads when we were clearly losing and playing like shit. It feels better to whine about the team playing like shit than to actually watch the team playing like shit.

If we were winning or looking like gaining a result, I concentrate on the game.

Bit suprised by the people who didnt see it. For me you could see he was a danger, no surprise his progress is in line with him growing as a man. 

Hes progressing fast and is blue print for our other young players, hopefully Carney follows. 

His one two play is great and hes going to love playing with Coutinho. 

43 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

How much do you think he’s now worth? 20 years of age and developing his all round game. Pundits and opposition fans really taking note. Matter of time before an England call up based on his current trajectory. Fair play to Deano and Gerrard for their belief and work with him. Perfectly handled so far. 

I don't like valuing players but I'd suggest £25m would be his 'true' value with 3 goals and 1 assist to his name I'd feel like if we were buying him I'd be nervy paying more than that. However as a selling club that's before we slapped on the English tax, young tax, we-dont-need-the-money tax etc.

We'd have to get near £45m-50m. Connor Gallagher is allegedly on the radar of PSG at £50m  and that feels like the level. Similar to Arsenal with Smith-Rowe last summer, minimal G/A and only a few appearances but a £45-50m valuation. That's where I'd have him.

New contract in the summer or early next season I'd imagine, 3 years left and will be keen to extend and start making the money of a Premier League regular you'd have thought

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 2

How would we improve that position. You would have to throw £40 mill at it . Yes he is inconsistent   but he is extremely coachable and isnt even half way to how he will end up . Goals and assists will fly in from now on as he has better players around him and as he matures into the all round midfielder . 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

How would we improve that position. You would have to throw £40 mill at it . Yes he is inconsistent   but he is extremely coachable and isnt even half way to how he will end up . Goals and assists will fly in from now on as he has better players around him and as he matures into the all round midfielder . 

I think you only needs to look at his numbers last year to this year to see the trajectory. I felt last year he was nice and tidy but lacked a bit of something! Maybe a bit of physicality. This season he has progressed at an astonishing rate and for me he is our nailed in starting Centre midfield engine. Yes he has the odd patch were he is a bit quiet but he is 20 years old that's inevitable.

In three years time this kid is going to be a top class international 

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He just scored one and made one against Manchester United. When’s the last time one of our youth players has had such an impact in a big game at such a young age. 

Kids living the dream! 

Jack and Liverpool semi? That was a more important game though

• Like 1

I don't think we should judge him too much on goals and assists, he's playing in central midfield as a box-to-box midfielder and in Gerrard's system has a lot of defensive duties, it's not as if he's playing as an out and out attacking midfielder.

Besides three goals for a central midfielder is pretty good, especially one still relatively new to this level, only Gallager, Ward-Prowse, Foden, and Gündogan have scored more in the Premier League as central midfielders, and of those Foden, and Gallager play futher forward, and Ward-Prowse is on set-pieces and penalties, so relative to other central midfielders he's doing well goals scoring wise.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

2 or 3 more years and he'll be an absolute monster, faster, stronger, more experienced - I think we will be getting some major interest in him

And he’ll still only be 23. Frightening potential. 

Edited by av1

He looked a lot better when Ings went off and he then wasn't trying to do quick 1-2 passes with one of Watkins or Ings but with Coutinho and Chuck instead. We have some very talented midfielders on the ball now. 

Need to stop playing a striker there. 

3 goals this season so far, and could have had at least that again. Off the top of my head the good goal ruled out vs leicester and near misses in a number of other games.

Really talented footballer who funnily enough would fit into a pep team better than Grealish, he moves the ball so quickly and has power and pace.

Excited to see how he can go, the great work in the academy over recent years is starting to pay off.

Genuinely 2 footed too that is hard to defend. 

Scored goals with right and left foot just need a header now!  Sky is the limit for this lad.

Seems grounded too which is perfect for him to take on advice from others.

Absolutely brilliant second half yesterday.

First half he suffered with the midfield not being active enough around him. He benefits from having McGinn doing the dirty work next to him and allowing him to get on the ball and make direct runs forward.

With a proper DM in behind him, winning the ball, freeing him up, and giving it to him in areas he wants it; he will become an even better player for us.

He's going to be massive for us, and is now by far my favourite player in this team.

Â