Kortney Hause

Sam3773

On 25/06/2020 at 09:19, lexicon said:

That's just nonsense mate, sorry. You're suggesting that Hause would get found out at any level defensively. He clearly wouldn't. 

Tbh, you're probably right. He would be first pick for any prison team. 

8 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Both Luiz and Nakamba should have done better. Hause had to come over because mcginn was out of position because our right hand side was overloaded. This isn't really his fault. 

Could be so and others were perhaps at fault too, but it doesn't take away what I'm most irritated about - that he was jogging back calmly where the natural instinct of a defender would be to rush back and help out, even if he doesn't get there in time to prevent the shot he could be there in case of a rebound or alike. 

I have been criticising him quite much, but today I thought he had his best game for us so far. His positioning was better and he showed more urgency. He was as usual good in the air. We have now stopped letting in cheap goals on corners and that's perhaps why Dean Smith has persisted with playing him. I would have wanted him to throw his body in front of the opponents at the goals, but can't fault him. I wonder what the argument between him and Mings after the second goal was about. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I have been criticising him quite much, but today I thought he had his best game for us so far. His positioning was better and he showed more urgency. He was as usual good in the air. We have now stopped letting in cheap goals on corners and that's perhaps why Dean Smith has persisted with playing him. I would have wanted him to throw his body in front of the opponents at the goals, but can't fault him. I wonder what the argument between him and Mings after the second goal was about. 

Mings should have been closer to the scorer and he also deflected it into the net. If mings had a go at Hause, Kortney may have turned the tables. 

Can anyone explain how Hause went from 5th choice centre back to starting every one of our crucial run in games despite being horrendously out of his depth in the majority of his appearances?

What is the thinking? Purely his ability to win headers in the opposition box?

Mings is first choice, then the other spot is up for grabs so I don't see how he is 5th choice?  He's bumped up because Konsa needed to fill in at right back and Engels hasn't been fit.  Hause hasn't done a lot wrong either, it just seems an unnecessary dig just for the sake of being negative.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Can anyone explain how Hause went from 5th choice centre back to starting every one of our crucial run in games despite being horrendously out of his depth in the majority of his appearances?

We paid £3m for him, that is very little in today’s market, he wasn’t even close to Wolves first team and we gave him an opportunity to come here and play some games. He’s great in the air, if he was as good with his feet, he wouldn’t be playing for us 

9 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

We paid £3m for him, that is very little in today’s market, he wasn’t even close to Wolves first team and we gave him an opportunity to come here and play some games. He’s great in the air, if he was as good with his feet, he wouldn’t be playing for us 

Still doesnt explain how has come to be starting games for us. He was cheap squad filler why did he become first choice?

Unbalanced the whole team having someone so utterly limited playing especially on the wrong side.

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Engels has been injured. Smith wanted to play Konsa at right for some reason. I think the formation versus Palace is the way to for the rest of the season. Sorry Kortney.

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He's played well except for two dodgy passes. He wins a lot in the air. I think he's OK.

11 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I think they analysed our games during the break and found out that we let in all too many goals on corners and crosses and decided to go with Hause as he is good at winning headers, placing Konsa at right back to give us even more stability at the back.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He is not that bad with his feet imo, has quite a good sweet left foot at times, sometimes he looks clumsy on the ball but somethimes he shows some good skills both on the ball and in his passing. Imo there are more severe problems, his positioning is not good at all, he doesn't spot danger, he doesn't show any natural defensive instincts, never throws his body on the ground to cover shots, often jogs back calmly in situations where a natural defender would rush back. He is often second to the ball, except for headers. He simply lacks the understanding and reading of the game that is required and does not do the basics good enough. To that comes the lapses in concentration and the constant howlers. 

His last two games were the best I've seen from him, but he is still an accident waiting to happen and brings nervousness to the defence. Still hope he can improve but I have almost given up on that...  

Â