Kortney Hause

Sam3773

10 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s good at the bread and butter, ok he’s not good on the ball but what do you expect for £3m? In the air, he’s brilliant, he’s strong and quick 

Counts for nothing if you have no brain. I think that has to be half a dozen goals this season where he simply switched off completely. Long at Southampton  for one. Whether you cost 3m or 30m it is basics for a defender at any level.

19 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Counts for nothing if you have no brain. I think that has to be half a dozen goals this season where he simply switched off completely. Long at Southampton  for one. Whether you cost 3m or 30m it is basics for a defender at any level.

You don’t think he has a brain? On the pitch I assume you mean? I think you are doing him a disservice 

He is an ok player who unfortunately has a guaranteed one brain fart per game that gives the opposition a chance to score.

He did it versus Newcastle tonight also, you cant have one brain fart per game in this league.

If he could cut the brain fart per game out he would be a good player.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

He is an ok player who unfortunately has a guaranteed one brain fart per game that gives the opposition a chance to score.

He did it versus Newcastle tonight also, you cant have one brain fart per game in this league.

If he could cut the brain fart per game out he would be a good player.

I did say a long time ago that he makes at least one mistake every single game.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

'At any level' - What are you on about now? 🤣

The difference in level, particularly defensively, between the PL and the Championship is freaking enormous. Players at that level make mistakes fairly regularly, which might suggest that it's the league for him. 

9 minutes ago, lexicon said:

'At any level' - What are you on about now? 🤣

The difference in level, particularly defensively, between the PL and the Championship is freaking enormous. Players at that level make mistakes fairly regularly, which might suggest that it's the league for him. 

Yes it is. The level of players you are coming up against is a huge increase in pace, skill, and intelligence. Thing is at any level marking a player is marking a player. You look over your shoulder once in a while. Hause doesnt do that. He is in his own world and only sees in front of him. He isn't being done by the huge gulf in players he is being done because he doesnt do the absolute basics of just being aware.

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Yes it is. The level of players you are coming up against is a huge increase in pace, skill, and intelligence. Thing is at any level marking a player is marking a player. You look over your shoulder once in a while. Hause doesnt do that. He is in his own world and only sees in front of him. He isn't being done by the huge gulf in players he is being done because he doesnt do the absolute basics of just being aware.

That's just nonsense mate, sorry. You're suggesting that Hause would get found out at any level defensively. He clearly wouldn't. 

23 minutes ago, lexicon said:

That's just nonsense mate, sorry. You're suggesting that Hause would get found out at any level defensively. He clearly wouldn't. 

I don't think he would be a stand out defender in the championship if we went down. He wouldn't be a regular contributer to a league chasing side down there. He gives up easy goals.

Last night no man's land, Southampton away, Bournemouth away, These aren't stellar teams and he has been pretty shocking in all of them. He just doesn't have the awareness. If it coming towards him he is great in the air, that's about it.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

I don't think he would be a stand out defender in the championship if we went down. He wouldn't be a regular contributer to a league chasing side down there. He gives up easy goals.

Last night no man's land, Southampton away, Bournemouth away, These aren't stellar teams and he has been pretty shocking in all of them. He just doesn't have the awareness. If it coming towards him he is great in the air, that's about it.

At 24, he's still learning as a CB, so it remains to be seen where he ends up. There's potential there. I think he'd be fine in the Champo if we went down, but should we stay up, we should be looking to spend a reasonable wedge on an experienced, good CB. I think you're being too harsh on him, but I don't think he's that good either right now. 

The issue we have is that our players need time to develop, but we don't really have the time to give them that at the moment. 

I quite like Hause. Not sure why because he scares me with the ball at his feet and he does make a lot of mistakes.

I just think if he believed in himself and had a bit more confidence that he can become a dominating centre half, he’d be a very good player. 

In his defense, it can't help him to play on the right. On the other hand, he is prone to grave distractions even when played on the left. Shame, he has some very good attributes, if he can work on his mental side of the game he could be a decent player. 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I quite like Hause. Not sure why because he scares me with the ball at his feet and he does make a lot of mistakes.

I just think if he believed in himself and had a bit more confidence that he can become a dominating centre half, he’d be a very good player. 

Probably doesn't help he is a left footer playing on the right

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Probably doesn't help he is a left footer playing on the right

Tbf he normally has loads of time to move the ball onto his left foot before then misplacing the pass 😜

I'm not hating on him, he has his strengths. Just desperately needs to iron out those weaknesses.

Once again he was at fault for a goal and cost us ponts. Look how far out to the right he was before the ball was played in and the gap he left, then when the ball bounced between players and Dendonker got the shot, it was in the area Hause should be, most irritating of all, he was calmly jogging back. When he sees that he has left so much space in his position and that the opponents have the ball in our penalty area he must rush back, do everything he can, throw himself in front of the players taking a shot, but no, he is calmly jogging back. He has done the same thing several times before and I just don't get how Terry doesn't give him a proper rollicking for it and teach him him the basics. 

14 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Once again he was at fault for a goal and cost us ponts. Look how far out to the right he was before the ball was played in and the gap he left, then when the ball bounced between players and Dendonker got the shot, it was in the area Hause should be, most irritating of all, he was calmly jogging back. When he sees that he has left so much space in his position and that the opponents have the ball in our penalty area he must rush back, do everything he can, throw himself in front of the players taking a shot, but no, he is calmly jogging back. He has done the same thing several times before and I just don't get how Terry doesn't give him a proper rollicking for it and teach him him the basics. 

Both Luiz and Nakamba should have done better. Hause had to come over because mcginn was out of position because our right hand side was overloaded. This isn't really his fault. 

Â