Kortney Hause

Sam3773

Hmm...

• Got on the end of most of our corners... but produced little from them.
  • Was part of a defensive pairing that kept a rare clean sheet.... but did his best to undo that with one of the laziest passes I have ever seen
  • Had no part in the "no goal" controversy (that was Nyland and Davis).....  but did needlessly give away the freekick that lead to it.

So a mixed bag, really. I think that's par for the Hause 😉

1 hour ago, ozvillafan said:
  • Had no part in the "no goal" controversy (that was Nyland and Davis).....  but did needlessly give away the freekick that lead to it.

One of the many many shitty, nothing fouls given in the game that weren't worse than the challenge on El Ghazi. That was a pen every day of the week.

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

One of the many many shitty, nothing fouls given in the game that weren't worse than the challenge on El Ghazi. That was a pen every day of the week.

Agreed. Ball gone, lunge in, nothing given.

Just too error prone. 
The Wolves fans used to joke, 'Hause every weekend!'.

You can see why. Has most of the tools to be a decent, middle of the road defender but the errors in his game are farcical tbh. I shit myself everytime he has it at the back. 

Edit: Mistake, but bascally we concede quite a few more goals when Hause plays, in his twelve appearances we've let in 29 goals, if we conceded goals at that rate over a full season we would let in over 90 goals.

Edited by useless

6 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I also thought a challenge on Mings in the box looked like a penalty. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, useless said:

Edit: Mistake, but bascally we concede quite a few more goals when Hause plays, in his twelve appearances we've let in 29 goals, if we conceded goals at that rate over a full season we would let in over 90 goals.

He cost £3m, that amount doesn’t even get you a decent league 1 player these days. £3m is nothing in today’s market 

The quandary is that he is a very good defender. However, his passing is very lazy at times and we get caught out by it. I don't recall him taking the responsibility on himself to find a forward player down the channels with a long-pass. I also thought he should have done a lot better with his 4 (I think) chances at corners. I like Hause because I think he plays better than he other centre-halves when he's there, but those errors hurt us, and him. But he was preferred to Engels so unlikely to see him dropped.

35 minutes ago, peterw said:

The quandary is that he is a very good defender. However, his passing is very lazy at times and we get caught out by it. I don't recall him taking the responsibility on himself to find a forward player down the channels with a long-pass. I also thought he should have done a lot better with his 4 (I think) chances at corners. I like Hause because I think he plays better than he other centre-halves when he's there, but those errors hurt us, and him. But he was preferred to Engels so unlikely to see him dropped.

Engels is injured. As is Guilbert, meaning Konsa was played at RB. 

Incidentally, Konsa at RB made me nostalgic for the MON era when it was disappointing to finish 6th.

1 hour ago, Rolta said:

Engels is injured. As is Guilbert, meaning Konsa was played at RB. 

Incidentally, Konsa at RB made me nostalgic for the MON era when it was disappointing to finish 6th.

Why not Elmo? He has got a good cross in him 

14 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Why not Elmo? He has got a good cross in him 

I think he might not be quite what he once was. And he wasn't that great anyway. Most of the time, we look vulnerable when he comes on.

I was OK with Konsa at RB. It's difficult to say, but I wonder if that helped us look a bit stronger defensively.

22 hours ago, nick76 said:

If I was Smith I would just keep asking him why he’s so careless when passing out the ball

I'd rather have Hause on the pitch than Taylor.

Â