January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

12 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Really is this a thing happening rite now??

What do you mean “is this a thing”?

That we’re being linked to this keeper right now? In which case, yes we apear to be.

Or that we’re relying on info provided by this twitter guy? In which case, this particular twitter account has been correct on loads of Villa related transfer news. As an ITK go, he’s easily one of the most reliable.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

What do you mean “is this a thing”?

That we’re being linked to this keeper right now? In which case, yes we apear to be.

Or that we’re relying on info provided by this twitter guy? In which case, this particular twitter account has been correct on loads of Villa related transfer news. As an ITK go, he’s easily one of the most reliable.

The first, but thankyou for answering more than what you needed too, I love multiple answers 😉

Watching his best saves for Gent, nothing strikes me as an amazing save, but I guess when you're 6'7 you dont need to dive around as much. Being Croatias number 1 does give me confidence that he will be top notch in all other aspects of goalkeeping.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

IF we have gone Kalinic, this is another positive sign from our owners that they are serious about restoring us to the PL in a fairly sustainable manner. 

Yes it's a good sign isn't it - Croatia's number 1 should be in the premier league - he'll do us nicely. 

• Like 1

I've heard from a close contact that we are looking at Bersant Celina's brother Loti Celina.

Loti is a right back currently on trial at Swansea from Strømsgodset. His brother  plays at Swansea and the club are interesting in signing him. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/loti-celina/profil/spieler/532940

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

I've heard from a close contact that we are looking at Bersant Celina's brother Loti Celina.

Loti is a right back currently on trial at Swansea from Strømsgodset. His brother  plays at Swansea and the club are interesting in signing him. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/loti-celina/profil/spieler/532940

Good.   I was worried we were getting a little thin at right back.

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Signing a keeper instead of loaning Heaton means we now have a loan slot left for a left back or centre half.  He may not be as good as Heaton but we can’t keep relying on loan players in key positions. 

Makes sense. 

He's much better than Heaton in my opinion and i have seen a fair bit of Kalinic

Kalinic has the potential to become one of the top 15 goalkeepers in the world in next year or two. Heaton will never get to that level

• Like 2