January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

I've heard from a close contact that we are looking at Bersant Celina's brother Loti Celina.

Loti is a right back currently on trial at Swansea from Strømsgodset. His brother  plays at Swansea and the club are interesting in signing him. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/loti-celina/profil/spieler/532940

Is there a chance he would come here given his brother is already at Swansea though mate?

I have De Ja Vu with the Ayew's.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

57 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Good.   I was worried we were getting a little thin at right back.

There’s a difference between not having any right backs and not having any good right backs though. Although I’d prioritise a good left back and centre backs tbf. 

5 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Aston Villa are close to signing Gent goalkeeper Lovre Kalinic for £7 million.

That's what I've just seen on a twitter media post.

If were making money offers of that kind then we should also be able to buy Tammy as well from Chelsea if Chelsea are looking to cash in. Tammy will not want to go to a team in the bottom of the premiere. We would actually use Tammy where I feel if palace or Newcastle purchased it would be because of a wrecklace mistake, which is also a hasty move, as much as hoping if they did go down Tammy would fire them back up into the premiere.

It's obvious that we are not in trouble any longer with ffp if we're buying keepers for 7 million.

Edited by Dave-R

I suspect Chelsea would be unlikely to sell Tammy to anyone just yet. If someone bids around £25m that might tempt them but I would anticipate him seeing out the season with us.

Should we clinch promotion, I would guess that we would have as good a chance as any club of signing him permanently should Chelsea then decide to sell rather than loan him out to us again or hold onto him themselves to give him the odd game next season off the bench and in cup ties.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Aston Villa are close to signing Gent goalkeeper Lovre Kalinic for £7 million.

That's what I've just seen on a twitter media post.

If were making money offers of that kind then we should also be able to buy Tammy as well from Chelsea if Chelsea are looking to cash in. Tammy will not want to go to a team in the bottom of the premiere. We would actually use Tammy where I feel if palace or Newcastle purchased it would be because of a wrecklace mistake, which is also a hasty move, as much as hoping if they did go down Tammy would fire them back up into the premiere.

It's obvious that we are not in trouble any longer with ffp if we're buying keepers for 7 million.

Chelsea turned down Spurs bid of £25mil for Tammy in summer so would take a much bigger bid than that to even tempt them to sell.

1 minute ago, Villan4Life said:

Chelsea turned down Spurs bid of £25mil for Tammy in summer so would take a much bigger bid than that to even tempt them to sell.

Chelsea turned down spurs for Tammy because of one single thing, that is because they are in direct competition with Chelsea. Chelsea stated they wouldn't sell a player of there's to any club that is a threat to them in the same league. Spurs could of offered 200 mill and I doubt they would of ended up with Tammy.

Realistically if we're going to bid for Tammy and get him, it needs to be done before we go up into the premiere. 

As others have said Tammy is not there yet in the way of premiere quality, he still needs alot of work, a club like our can make that work.

Chelsea have to downsize a 40+ man squad by 2019 which is when those new fifa rules come in and directly affect big clubs in the premiere hoarding talent.

It's all very possible that Chelsea may want to just get something back on Tammy while interest is there, his goals are championship scoring goals and not premiere goals.

Who knows what Chelsea is actually thinking from selling Tammy to recalling in January.

• Like 1

I am really struggling with this tactic of keeping 200 players on the books and loaning them out. Surely this could be regulated in some way a bit better? I know it's kinda to championship teams' advantage, but I bloody hate it. And we belong up in the Premier League anyway. 

6 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I am really struggling with this tactic of keeping 200 players on the books and loaning them out. Surely this could be regulated in some way a bit better? I know it's kinda to championship teams' advantage, but I bloody hate it. And we belong up in the Premier League anyway. 

Well it all ends in 2019, clubs can't capitalise no more through loaning an army of players out from the premiere. Big clubs got no choice but to shrink, can only loan 8 players out maximum which is alot more better for the many other clubs that can have some of this talent permanently instead of it being loaned to them.

Think the new rules just dont apply to under 21s and if they are home grown talent.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nigel said:

No we dont.

We have no divine right, it has to be earned.

That is true, while many say we need to get back where we belong and I myself have said that,  we also need to earn it all again.

We need to be back there because our club, staff, players did there absoloute best and took us there. On our worst day we need to be at our best so that when we do reach the premiere we can say we do deserve to be there and all for the rite reasons.

23 minutes ago, Nigel said:

No we dont.

We have no divine right, it has to be earned.

Obviously, but when you look at this club, its fan base, facilities, history, potensial for revene growth, location, it's easy to argue we belong there.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Obviously, but when you look at this club, its fan base, facilities, history, potensial for revene growth, location, it's easy to argue we belong there.

It's like saying we are the founders of the first football league, so we have the rite to be no1 spot in the premiere every season lol.

I can see where your coming from, we do have history, but that history has been soured over the past two decades from bad ownership, to very bad management.

I'm sure we're coming back, just hope it doesn't take two decades to do.

I would not say we "belong" or have a divine right to be in the PL, but I'd say is gross negligence and incompetence that we are not there.

Oh, and Kalinic would be a wast improvement.

Edited by sne