January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

It's pointless. Chelsea dont want to sell him. Why send him to Cardiff or palace which may hinder his game time?

He is on unbeleivable form. It would be a stupid move for Chelsea to recall him to then loan to a premier league club. I think they will only recall if they want him in their own squad.

I personally don't think Tammy is good enough for chelsea yet. He misses far too many chances. Morata is getting ruined by their fans so imagine if he had a game like West Brom for them?

I'm sorry if the tables were turned people would want us to send a good young player to the highest level possible.

Say Andre Green was doing amazing at Portsmouth like absolutely ripping up the division would you not rather we terminated his loan and sent him to a lower/mid Championship team instead? It would be obvious he's too good for League One, would it not be better for us to have him playing at a higher level in preparation for utilizing him ourselves the following year? 

9 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I'm sorry if the tables were turned people would want us to send a good young player to the highest level possible.

Say Andre Green was doing amazing at Portsmouth like absolutely ripping up the division would you not rather we terminated his loan and sent him to a lower/mid Championship team instead? It would be obvious he's too good for League One, would it not be better for us to have him playing at a higher level in preparation for utilizing him ourselves the following year? 

Depends Junx.

I would weigh it up. Okay said player x is tearing up the ground at Portsmouth,

He is playing week in week out and it is giving him vital experience.

Do we stick, or do we terminate that and let player 'x' go to Cardiff or Palace in which the risk there will be that he might not start every game thus hampering his development.

I see both sides of the argument and I guess we will have to see what the parent club decide. I feel JT being here we will have nothing to worry about.

For me, I would keep player 'x' where he was unless there are reasons it was not working.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 2

We have an agreement and clubs rarely break them unless there's a very good reason. He won't play for Chelsea, isn't injured and is settled and getting great experience. You dont jeopardise that and break an agreement just so he can play for some shit PL team.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Junxs said:

And run the risk of sitting on the bench? Or make my player more unhappy?

If my player is ripping it and getting game time at a lower level of keep there without question.

The loan spell Jack went on down at Notts County seemed to be great for his confidence. 

Getting settled game time can be very important for a young player. I can’t see that Chelsea would have any issue with the way the loan arrangement has gone so far. 

I guess the question is how many players in the entire history of football have been loaned to a second flight team then recalled early to be loaned to a top flight team. 

I can't think of any though I am sure someone who pays more attention to these things could name one or two, but it will no more than that, so I say it's highly unlikely and really not worth worrying about. 

Well it looks like Purslow has had abit to say, it's nice to hear that the owners and the club are not expecting to get promoted this season. that they are now saying they are playing the long game, in the rite way which sounds as long as its going to take to get us back to where we are.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-purslow-leeds-united-15559780

The guy watching Tammy at games from Chelsea says he's been happy with us, been playing games and says there is no reason for it not to continue.

After putting that in the media I'd be surprised if they call Tammy back and loaned out to a top flight team.

Pundits have advised against Tammy choosing any other than villa as he's settled here, been here for half a season now, would be crazy to send Tammy for half a season some where else.

I think Tammy would develop better with is than pretty much half of the premier if not a little more, that's my view.

• Like 3

Tammy is scoring goals for fun here and gaining in confidence. Why would be of Chelsea want to take him off us now and risk him having another setback at Palace of Cardiff of the sort he experienced at Swansea?

Edited by John

9 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Well it looks like Purslow has had abit to say, it's nice to hear that the owners and the club are not expecting to get promoted this season. that they are now saying they are playing the long game, in the rite way which sounds as long as its going to take to get us back to where we are.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-purslow-leeds-united-15559780

The problem with that is that if we don't get promoted Grealish is gone in the summer and Tammy wouldn't be back either. That's our two best players gone leaving a huge hole in the team. You would also have to assume that McGinn would be snapped up too so if we don't get promoted this season we will have to do a huge rebuild in the summer. Now you could argue that we will have to rebuild anyway but i would sooner do that with all the delicious premier league millions than with the income we would get from selling our best player(s).  

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

The board saying they don't expect to be promoted this season doesnt mean they arent going for it. Smith has said its the aim and of course it is. But if they came out and said they expect it, that would put pressure on Smith unfairly. He has come in during a sesson well underway.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sidcow said:

I guess the question is how many players in the entire history of football have been loaned to a second flight team then recalled early to be loaned to a top flight team. 

I can't think of any though I am sure someone who pays more attention to these things could name one or two, but it will no more than that, so I say it's highly unlikely and really not worth worrying about. 

Didn’t kyle walker have his loan cancelled at QPR so he could come to us?

12 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I'd love to read that article but I'll never click on a link to the Birmingham Mail. The sheer amount of adverts in their articles crashes my laptop. Awful site. 

• Like 4