January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

4 hours ago, Dave-R said:

If were making money offers of that kind then we should also be able to buy Tammy as well from Chelsea if Chelsea are looking to cash in. Tammy will not want to go to a team in the bottom of the premiere. We would actually use Tammy where I feel if palace or Newcastle purchased it would be because of a wrecklace mistake, which is also a hasty move, as much as hoping if they did go down Tammy would fire them back up into the premiere.

It's obvious that we are not in trouble any longer with ffp if we're buying keepers for 7 million.

We are still on the verge of FFP trouble, splashing 25 million on Abraham is not going to happen unless we are promoted.

The 7 million for Kalinic is most likely spread out over the next 2-3 years with clauses etc to ensure that we don't break FFP this season.

9 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Are we on the verge of FFP trouble?

It seems that whatever financial stunt the new owners pulled when we had a winding up order looming has reset everything. Thats the vibe I get anyway.

I hope not, but I don't think that we can be seen to be splashing out £30m+ in the coming window because it might well draw undue attention to our FFP situation, whatever that position might currently be. 

Speaking about this, did anyone watch Sunderland Til I Die? Just looking at our squad against the shit heaps we are up against (not just Sunderland) and I can’t BELIEVE we weren’t promoted! They showed a sad George Honeyman whilst we had bloody John Terry and Lewis Grabban (tool, but one of the best at this level) hugging each other. I know it’s two extremes but how the HELL didn’t we go up???

Edited by Spoony

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

To be fair though fulham should have been down to ten men veey early the game. The ref bottled it.

I agree that was a factor, but whether we faced 10, 11, or if you include the ref 12 men, we still had a game to play.

With the personnel we had and with what was at stake, we should have been going at it in that game with a roar, not a whimper. The week before should have been 100% preparation for it, not try and defend our way to victory.

I also hope we sign a CB in January.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Spoony said:

Speaking about this, did anyone watch Sunderland Til I Die? Just looking at our squad against the shit heaps we are up against (not just Sunderland) and I can’t BELIEVE we weren’t promoted! They showed a sad George Honeyman whilst we had bloody John Terry and Lewis Grabban (tool, but one of the best at this level) hugging each other. I know it’s two extremes but how the HELL didn’t we go up???

Image result for steve bruce fat

• Like 4