January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

Can we sign El Ghazi permanently in January?  He is starting to look like the player he was billed to be at Ajax and would be one we should be building around over the next few years (along with Grealish & McGinn).  It would also free up a loan spot to bring in a GK/Defender/CDM.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Can we sign El Ghazi permanently in January?  He is starting to look like the player he was billed to be at Ajax and would be one we should be building around over the next few years (along with Grealish & McGinn).  It would also free up a loan spot to bring in a GK/Defender/CDM.

I like the sound of this

Possible unpopular suggestion. If we want to spend our money elsewhere, Stephen Ward could be a good nab on loan until the Summer.

Looked good for much of last season but has fallen out of the Burnley team.

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Possible unpopular suggestion. If we want to spend our money elsewhere, Stephen Ward could be a good nab on loan until the Summer.

He has always looked shaky for Ireland even against poorer nations or any player with pace

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

No thanks. He's absolutely garbage

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He has always looked shaky for Ireland even against poorer nations or any player with pace

Zatman knows as he's seen enough of him for Ireland.

He's garbage. why would we want another 33 year old player?

We ain't gonna buy likes of 33 year old Stephen Ward or Steven  Davis so why do posters keep suggest these type of players?

Smith and Purslow/Suso will go for much younger players who are actually half decent.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

We ain't gonna buy likes of 33 year old Stephen Ward or Steven  Davis so why do posters suggest these type of players?

Just a suggestion of a loan. Wouldn't buy him.

Steven Davis is a really good footballer.

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Just a suggestion of a loan. Wouldn't buy him.

Steven Davis is a really good footballer.

Too old bro for both of them. Not knocking your suggestion but way too old for what Suso/Dean and Christian want to do. Trust me i've heard snippets from an agent mate who works with lot Championship clubs. We are not going in the over 30's market.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Villan4Life said:

Too old bro for both of them. Not knocking your suggestion but way too old for what Suso/Dean and Christian want to do. Trust me i've heard snippets from an agent mate who works with lot Championship clubs. We are not going in the over 30's market.

Certainly hope we aren't buying any 33 year old outfield players.

• Like 2

KMitch's Fool-Proof Transfer Policy (It works for me in Football Manager every season, so it should work for Villa!!!):

• No Transfer Fees for any player over 24 - NO EXCEPTIONS - I don't care of Messi is available for 100k, it isn't worth the massive contract they'll want
  • Players aged 25-30 on Free Transfers only, and for only 2 year deals
    • If Below Age 28 after that one season and they had a great season, can extend contract once by up to 3 years.
    • If Aged 29+ after that first season, offload to the highest bidder or offer to clubs with zero fees in the worst case scenario
  • Offer only made to players if they meet 3/4 of the following criteria:
    • Can play more than one position competently
    • Has a professional personality & good character off the pitch
    • The player does not have a history of injuries
    • Extensive scouting shows the player has a lot of room to improve
  • If a club offers me more then 10 million more than what I value a player to be, I accept the offer without question and backfill with another prospect that I'm tracking who matches my above criteria
  • If a player hits age 30, I try to sell as soon as I can to recoup as much money as I can for the player.  The only exceptions are club icons/legends who have been at the club for 8+ years.  I'll let them stay, give them a testimonial, and eventually offer them some kind of staff role, once they hang up their boots.  These don't come along very often, because if someone is good enough, ManUre/Madrid/PSG all come in with a ridiculous offer for them at some point in their careers.  If that happens, I'll offload them and count my millions.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Really hope these Tammy rumours are nothing but that, but if he is called back we need to be looking at strikers again.

It's pointless. Chelsea dont want to sell him. Why send him to Cardiff or palace which may hinder his game time?

He is on unbeleivable form. It would be a stupid move for Chelsea to recall him to then loan to a premier league club. I think they will only recall if they want him in their own squad.

I personally don't think Tammy is good enough for chelsea yet. He misses far too many chances. Morata is getting ruined by their fans so imagine if he had a game like West Brom for them?

31 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It's pointless. Chelsea dont want to sell him. Why send him to Cardiff or palace which may hinder his game time?

He is on unbeleivable form. It would be a stupid move for Chelsea to recall him to then loan to a premier league club. I think they will only recall if they want him in their own squad.

I personally don't think Tammy is good enough for chelsea yet. He misses far too many chances. Morata is getting ruined by their fans so imagine if he had a game like West Brom for them?

I agree, and I hope you are right.

The only thing would be to move him up a level to give him more exposure to the level of football he will be facing with his home club. 

Also from chelseas point of view there is more chance they they could buy him if the situation suited.

Edited by Nigel

8 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I agree, and I hope you are right.

The only thing would be to move him up a level to give him more exposure to the level of football he will be facing with his home club. 

Also from chelseas point of view there is more chance they they could buy him if the situation suited.

From some of my friends who are Chelsea that have ties with the club. They have absoluteky no intention of selling Abraham. One of the key reasons is because he is English and they need English players in their squad. Not many better 21 year olds than Tammy that are English are there?

We have no chance of signing him even if we go up on that basis.

I would be stunned of they sold him to palace or cardiff. Also both teams could be relegated this year will Tammy want to give up Chelsea for a permanent transfer to a potential championship club? I highly doubt it.

29 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

From some of my friends who are Chelsea that have ties with the club. They have absoluteky no intention of selling Abraham. One of the key reasons is because he is English and they need English players in their squad. Not many better 21 year olds than Tammy that are English are there?

We have no chance of signing him even if we go up on that basis.

I would be stunned of they sold him to palace or cardiff. Also both teams could be relegated this year will Tammy want to give up Chelsea for a permanent transfer to a potential championship club? I highly doubt it.

You missed my main concern that he could be loaned to one of the premiership clubs to improve his exposure to this level.

After all he has nothing to prove at championship standard, will this be seen as a wasted year?

Edited by Nigel

19 minutes ago, Nigel said:

You missed my main concern that he could be loaned to one of the premiership clubs to improve his exposure to this level.

After all he has nothing to prove at championship standard, will this be seen as a wasted year?

I didn't miss it I just don't think it's that important. If they were that bothered about that they would have sanctioned the move in the summer when their were rumoured premier league clubs interested.

You Also have to remember the JT factor he is loved there. He will be instrumental to what happens. Was a great move by the owners to being JT in. 

• Like 1