January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

13 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

To be fair though fulham should have been down to ten men veey early the game. The ref bottled it.

Squad was more than good enough for top 2, should not be finishing 4th with that group of players.

On 21/12/2018 at 20:13, Junxs said:

Squad was more than good enough for top 2, should not be finishing 4th with that group of players.

We have players that even now are not good enough....they wasn't then and are not now.

You only have to watch the games to see.....I could point it out as we play....Players who are passive and lack the ability to get stuck in and compete.

I am not going to expect Dean Smith to make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

Our defence is simply not good enough.

There are teams with nowhere near the technical quality we have and yet are sitting alongside us in the league.....We need to wake up and deal with the timidity.

The new goalkeeper is at least an attempt to rectify it....nice one for starters.

I realise we are possibly only in the market for defenders in this window, but I wouldn't mind us going for Jarrod Bowen, had another good game today & impresses me every time I have seen him play.

He has decent stats, is direct, creates, scores (good) goals and is only in his early 20's so scope for improvement.

I think regardless of the division we are in this would be a good signing, a decent replacement for Albert. 

• Like 1

There are players like Jarrod Bowen who we are not even linked with.

Scores goals every time I see him....comfortable with the ball, well balanced player.....yet we sign so many that are alien to the football.

Are we so well off that we can't be looking at players like this.

We missed out on Maddison, Let go of Albrighton, dismissed Bannan, missed Bradley Dack, Jack Marriot was toyed with.

are our scouts Dumb....or have been dumb.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

We have players that even now are not good enough....they wasn't then and are not now.

You only have to watch the games to see.....I could point it out as we play....Players who are passive and lack the ability to get stuck in and compete.

I am not going to expect Dean Smith to make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

Our defence is simply not good enough.

There are teams with nowhere near the technical quality we have and yet are sitting alongside us in the league.....We need to wake up and deal with the timidity.

The new goalkeeper is at least an attempt to rectify it....nice one for starters.

I was talking about last season, and its far better than you think this season as well. You make us sound like relegation candidates

12 hours ago, Junxs said:

I was talking about last season, and its far better than you think this season as well. You make us sound like relegation candidates

I was talking last season and this season....There have been some improvements like McGinn and Tammy.

The manager is better, but he can only get so much out of them.

Relegation candidates, not sure where you glean that from.....But Auto's No.....Not good enough in certain area's for that.

14 hours ago, WakefieldVillan said:

I realise we are possibly only in the market for defenders in this window, but I wouldn't mind us going for Jarrod Bowen, had another good game today & impresses me every time I have seen him play.

He has decent stats, is direct, creates, scores (good) goals and is only in his early 20's so scope for improvement.

I think regardless of the division we are in this would be a good signing, a decent replacement for Albert. 

We might not be in the market for such a player, but would help if Jack goes or gets injured....its about striking while the iron is hot.

Would be a good addition to the squad.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, WakefieldVillan said:

14 hours ago, TRO said:

There are players like Jarrod Bowen who we are not even linked with.

Scores goals every time I see him....comfortable with the ball, well balanced player.....yet we sign so many that are alien to the football.

Are we so well off that we can't be looking at players like this.

We missed out on Maddison, Let go of Albrighton, dismissed Bannan, missed Bradley Dack, Jack Marriot was toyed with.

are our scouts Dumb....or have been dumb.

Funny you both should mention Bowen i have been giving suggestions to top club in Bundesliga on emerging UK Talent in Premier League, Championship and League 1. Bowen is one of the names i have sent to them. As Bundesliga clubs are now looking towards UK more after success of Sancho and Reiss Nelson (on Loan at Hoffenheim)

See what happens but he is a good player and can only get better..

• Like 1

Bowen looked very interesting when we played against Hull. Seems to be having a good season as well. Would love for us to sign him up with lolley. Grafters with technical ability and a nose for goal. 

• Like 1