January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

7 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Danny Batth liked one of my Villa related instagram posts yesterday.

He doesn't follow me, why's he searching the AVFC hashtag?

I think this is concrete evidence that he is joining us in January (despite him already being on a season long loan at Boro)

Villa fan.

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

No thanks, he's crap

Id like someone who could come in defence and command the entire area properly, who know how to organise our defence and can work well under pressure with long balls into our box and crosses being properly dealt with.

The game against Albion, our defence at times looked poor, our player at one point were just standing there while the ball bounced that many times, before it was booted away. Dont know why our players are so reluctant to just go deal with that baĺĺ.

4 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Id like someone who could come in defence and command the entire area properly, who know how to organise our defence and can work well under pressure with long balls into our box and crosses being properly dealt with.

The game against Albion, our defence at times looked poor, our player at one point were just standing there while the ball bounced that many times, before it was booted away. Dont know why our players are so reluctant to just go deal with that baĺĺ.

Sorry to disappoint but Batth isn't that player you are talking about in that sentence.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

I just came across it now strolling through aston villa news.

Could be a good signing if he's fast like reported, even better with Tuanzebe who is also fast, Smith's style requires speed alongside accurate, continuous, one touch, passing, a few of our players struggle with it. If Smith does raid brentford he obviously thinks there's some talent there that could pull his style off better than what some of ours have been playing, so raid away.

16 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

Villa fan.

That explains why he like one of my landscapes on my photography account, Paul Killeen Photography!

i actually screenshot it and sent it to my friend who is a Boro fan. He’s a decent player.

Edited by Killeen30

14 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

I’d definitely take him here, no doubt. If Dean has signed him twice already and reading that rates him very highly then I’m happy with that. Young and full of potential too!

I would still like to see a midfielder come in apart from all the defensive work we NEED to do.

One who is comfortable on the ball and creates presence, quick feet would be a bonus.....Gareth Barry Type. ( I accept his feet are not necessarily quick)

Id have to see Henry get a string of games together before we take a punt on him. He's had an awful 2 years with injuries. On the flip side, i think Brentford would sell and right now none of their players would command a huge fee. It's a buyers market as regards Brentford right now. We should be also looking at Mepham and Konsa in my opinion.

• Like 1

Just had a listen to Purslow's interview.

He mentions that Liverpool's fortunes changed for the better when they signed a quality defender and goalkeeper.

I can see us spending heavily in defence in January. 

I personally think that Heaton is on the radar but he is not our first choice.

Pitarch would not have been brought in to identify a back up goalkeeper for Burnley.

I believe that we will make 3/4 signings.

GK - A signing Abroad 

LB - perhaps a loan signing

CB - Our future CB for years to come.

DM - one that is very good in possession and making interceptions - perhaps a poor mans Gana or Kante.

Edited by Reivax_Villa
  • Like 1