January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

I really don't know Scottish football very well, but if there are any further "McGinn" type players in the highlands, then let's make it happen.  There must be some defenders in Scotland right now who are half decent?  What about the lad who we went in for on deadline day?   

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Dominic Revan isn’t 

but he's like a turkey that hasn't been fully cooked....raw.

( thought I'd just add a bit of festive cheer to that, surrender)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tony said:

Yes, we have 3 rb’s at the club and de laet if you want to recall him. Can’t see us buying another unless we get rid some. 

Wouldn’t matter if we had 13 rb’s at the club, we need 1 decent one, which we don’t have. If we’re serious about promotion this season, we need 3 new defenders in Jan. At least.

Im Chester’s biggest fan but he has been atrocious all season and a player can’t get by on past performances. He needs to be replaced. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

No. He's terrible. Fallen apart this season.

Need him out the side but that can't happen with the state of us atm.

He is just has no presence in the air this is why Bruce lumped Jedinek alongside him to try and cover this up. His overall game hasn't been great all season and his passing at times is terrible.

3 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

I really don't know Scottish football very well, but if there are any further "McGinn" type players in the highlands, then let's make it happen.  There must be some defenders in Scotland right now who are half decent?  What about the lad who we went in for on deadline day?   

I’m assured there isn’t. My mate is die hard Hibs and he’s basically the best thing that’s ever happened.

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

A centre half who is commanding and a leader. First and foremost.

Then a lb.

Its so stone blind, bloody obvious, its frustrating....There has to be another Martin Laursen or a shaun Teale out there.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Is it true Axel is out for the season? 

I thought the manager said it was a stress fracture of a metatarsal in his foot, should only be 5-8 weeks depending on where in the foot.

Edited by QldVilla

On 22/12/2018 at 21:42, TRO said:

There are players like Jarrod Bowen who we are not even linked with.

Scores goals every time I see him....comfortable with the ball, well balanced player.....yet we sign so many that are alien to the football.

Are we so well off that we can't be looking at players like this.

We missed out on Maddison, Let go of Albrighton, dismissed Bannan, missed Bradley Dack, Jack Marriot was toyed with.

are our scouts Dumb....or have been dumb.

Dont disagree but we need damn defenders more

• Like 1

Well the only good thing about axels injury is the timing as if this was Feb we would be .screwed . Get tommy back as now under a mew manager he might come good again. Clearly he did not get on well with bruce.

I'd consider gwtting Clark back too therefore we would only need one cb a rb and a lb..

Put Elmo up for sale along with hutton. I'd keep bree. He is still young and he was played out of position. He will get better.

As for Chester getting blamed imagine having to play with a hopeless keeper liek nyland each week and useless fbs like hutton and elmo? Your bound to make mistakes.

5 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

McKenna is a very good defender i have watched him a fair bit as watch lot Scottish football. He would be a good pick up 

Hi V4L, I was hoping someone would say what you have.  Not sure if you saw my earlier question at the top of the page, but l'd be interested to know if there are any further gems to be had in Scottish football?  Could you share your thoughts here?  Also, do you any other scouts have a way of informing the club of players that you think are useful, or is it pretty much a closed door?  

• Like 1

Problem is McKenna was quoted at some crazy high price like £10-15m or something?

We had a £7m offer turned down as they wanted double that.

That is an awful lot for a young defender to pay for a Championship club.

Price might have dropped  now?

28 minutes ago, sne said:

Problem is McKenna was quoted at some crazy high price like £10-15m or something?

We had a £7m offer turned down as they wanted double that.

That is an awful lot for a young defender to pay for a Championship club.

Price might have dropped  now?

From memory the issue wasn't the price, it was the fact we bid on the last day of the window after being given a set time frame to complete. 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

From memory the issue wasn't the price, it was the fact we bid on the last day of the window after being given a set time frame to complete. 

Think it was both, but I might be wrong.

Even at £7m it's steep, but acceptable I guess.