January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

46 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Yeah, we're a Championship side and are beating the team 2nd in the top French division to a mediocre signing.  You just reinforced my statement.  Besides PSG, the French league is shite.

You make me wish Villa were French. We would be 2nd in ligue 1 and in the champions league.....cause ligue 1 is shite right.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bomvilla7 said:

Still catching up but this is something I don't understand. I had thought that the players contracted salary remains the same, and the offer is to the club for how much of it we will cover. Clubs surely don't have to offer a loan salary to the player as well? maybe I'm reading this wrong but i'm pretty sure I've seen this more than once before where a player chooses one club over another to go on loan to because the offer was better. 🧐🤨

You are correct. We may have offered to pay a higher proportion of his wages and our interest in making the loan permanent may have had some impact, but I have since heard him interviewed on Talksport. He said that working with and learning about central defending from JT was what attracted him to us along with our being such a big club.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Don't think it was, read back. 

He's saying someone playing in the Championship, or any league for that matter isn't a direct reflection on their qualtity. 

Pointing out that Jack Grealish, currently in his 3rd Championship campaign has had 25m bids from Spurs only proves that point.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, imavillan said:

our under 23's are going to look a lot different for the rest of the season......

another one departs on loan

Harry McKirdy has joined Newport County on a loan until the end of the season

I think he is good.

Any time I have seen him he has been the stand out player, and everything seemed to go to him.

34 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

WTF didn't we pay 900k for him ?  He's only 19

Well, Benefits Street is in Birmingham...We're trying to create a Benevolence Park, to go with it.

Edited by TRO

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He's saying someone playing in the Championship, or any league for that matter isn't a direct reflection on their qualtity. 

Pointing out that Jack Grealish, currently in his 3rd Championship campaign has had 25m bids from Spurs only proves that point.

Wolves last year reiterates that point.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Merson08 said:

You make me wish Villa were French. We would be 2nd in ligue 1 and in the champions league.....cause ligue 1 is shite right.

You're putting words into my mouth.  I never said we were great, I just said that all French clubs, besides PSG, are shit.  Villa are shit too, but if we're pulling players in that one of the best teams in that country are tying to sign, the French league is garbage.

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

Wolves last year reiterates that point.

Exactly what I had in mind. Ruben Neves was playing in the Championship last season. Which is crazy but only goes to show there can be good players in this league, here for a variety of reasons.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

You're putting words into my mouth.  I never said we were great, I just said that all French clubs, besides PSG, are shit.  Villa are shit too, but if we're pulling players in that one of the best teams in that country are tying to sign, the French league is garbage.

I don't think many agree with this. Lyon beat Man City not too long ago. Are Citeh shit in that case?