January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Yeah Grealish is rubbish he's playing for a championship side for 3 years now ......

Fer is a good player, a tri of him, Mcginn and Grealish in the middle would be golden.

We can't have all youth, we need some experience in there also, fer is good on the ball and would certainly help develop the style we want, especially with Grealish in there also.

Saying someone isn't a good player because they are in the championship is p nuts tbh.

Your analogy is flawed.  Grealish is a young player with potential.  Spuds tried to buy him from us last summer, but the offer wasn't good enough, so we told them to do one.

Fer is a player who has played in the Premier league for 5-6 years and is now in the Championship.  He is a known quantity, whose contract is expiring at the end of the season.  If he was good, Premier League teams would be in for him right now for cheap...  He isn't, though, which means Lille and us are battling it out for him...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hippo said:

He could be thinking all sorts of things. Normally there is some sort of reasoning behind the theory though ...ie the player may have played in that position for....

But AT is a long way off even being fit....let alone having a positional change ...brought about by a £8m purchase...

Perhaps he wanted to play him in that position before his injury, but was unable to because we had no other centre backs. Also, why does he to have played in that position before? Somebody has to be the first manager to do it, for it to then be an acceptable thing to do for people such as yourself? Although he’s probably not thinking about where a player fits best based on the opinions of fans. Also to address the first part of your post, my REASONING behind my post is as I stated before. Tuanzebe is a player already adept at defending and tackling, he also is one of the best players in our squad capable of carrying the ball forward on his own. That with his height and build suggest he has many of the desired qualities of a DM. You may not agree, and that is fine. However the sarcasm is not needed, I am after all entitled to my opinion on this forum without the threat of having that opinion mocked.

7 minutes ago, penguin said:

Lille are 2nd in the French top division they wouldn’t be after him if he was shite.

If they are a French club and they aren't PSG, they're shite...  If we're beating them to signings, they're shite...

Edited by KMitch
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

Perhaps he wanted to play him in that position before his injury, but was unable to because we had no other centre backs. Also, why does he to have played in that position before? Somebody has to be the first manager to do it, for it to then be an acceptable thing to do for people such as yourself? Although he’s probably not thinking about where a player fits best based on the opinions of fans. Also to address the first part of your post, my REASONING behind my post is as I stated before. Tuanzebe is a player already adept at defending and tackling, he also is one of the best players in our squad capable of carrying the ball forward on his own. That with his height and build suggest he has many of the desired qualities of a DM. You may not agree, and that is fine. However the sarcasm is not needed, I am after all entitled to my opinion on this forum without the threat of having that opinion mocked.

If your opinion is that we are signing scott mckenna for £8m today - so that currently injured Axel can play DM on his return , before he returns to Man U in may - yes you are entitled to that opinion.

My opinion however is that this thought has never crossed Dean Smiths mind.

• Like 1

Just now, GingerCollins29 said:

If we sign French rb and he goes back to cane on loan I will be disappointed. Could do with him now!

They're in a relegation battle and he is their best player, according to WhoScored ratings.  They wouldn't agree to a reasonable fee right now without the loan back option.  It's a good deal, IMO, because if we wait until this summer to try to sign him, the price will go up and we'll probably have a lot of competition from other clubs.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

If your opinion is that we are signing scott mckenna for £8m today - so that currently injured Axel can play DM on his return , before he returns to Man U in may - yes you are entitled to that opinion.

But he has played as a holding midfielder before.Wiki says so.😉

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

My opinion is that it is possible. I never suggested that it was what he actually was thinking, it’s a theory and nothing more. It was an answer to the question “but why are we bidding for McKenna?”. I offered a plausible answer, I don’t actually think myself that it’s what happening. If you answer posts in the manner that you just did, you’d find that you’d have less aggressive responses. This site would be a better place if everybody  answered each other with a little less sarcasm.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KMitch said:

If they are a French club and they aren't PSG, they're shite...  If we're beating them to signings, they're shite...

What a load of bollocks.

You must of misread ligue 2? You do know were no longer Premiership side, right?

Lyon are decent side and below Lille. 

48 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Yeah Grealish is rubbish he's playing for a championship side for 3 years now ......

Fer is a good player, a tri of him, Mcginn and Grealish in the middle would be golden.

We can't have all youth, we need some experience in there also, fer is good on the ball and would certainly help develop the style we want, especially with Grealish in there also.

Saying someone isn't a good player because they are in the championship is p nuts tbh.

Grealish is still young and very nearly joined Spurs for £25M or so 6 months ago. 

Cracking comparison tho. 

17 minutes ago, hippo said:

It wouldn't be Villatalk if a day didn't pass without talking about playing someone out of position. Still waiting for the Ciaran Clark Okore midfield partnership.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

My opinion is that it is possible. I never suggested that it was what he actually was thinking, it’s a theory and nothing more. It was an answer to the question “but why are we bidding for McKenna?”. I offered a plausible answer, I don’t actually think myself that it’s what happening. If you answer posts in the manner that you just did, you’d find that you’d have less aggressive responses. This site would be a better place if everybody  answered each other with a little less sarcasm.

You said he "could be thinking"  - Im saying "he probably isn't" - now your saying  "you don't even think it yourself" !

Looks like Mckenna is going to stoke anyway.

I wasn't being sarcastic - I think AT will only be fit towards the very tail of the season - and if he gets back in the team it will very probably be at CB. I don't see him as DM - One of the first things DS did was to get players playing in there preferred positions.