January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

3 minutes ago, KMitch said:

...and we desperately need to sign someone who turns 30 in a few months...  What happened to the new policy of young players with development potential and sell-on value?  hahaha

Anyway, I don't get the excitement with Fer.  He's been over-hyped his entire career.

At least he's several years younger than Whelan or Jedi... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, KMitch said:

...and we desperately need to sign someone who turns 30 in a few months...  What happened to the new policy of young players with development potential and sell-on value?  hahaha

Anyway, I don't get the excitement with Fer.  He's been over-hyped his entire career.

A few months as in 11? 😉

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

No because Samba was our player.

I think smith will be more concerned with getting AT fit...than considering playing him out of position when he returns.

There is no evidence or even a hint that DS is thinking that...not quite sure where you have got that idea from ?

I never once said that it was what he was doing, hence why I said it could be what he was thinking. Is it impossible to think that when he IS fit, that Smith would like to use him as a DM if the defensive crisis was sorted? Given how outraged and antagonistic many posts make you, may I suggest maybe online forums aren’t your thing.

Just now, Larscapaldi said:

A few months as in 11? 😉

Haha. In other news there's a rogue "i" in your spelling of "villans", you have "belgian villains". Which is fine if you're a bunch of thieves or something.... ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Was never a blanket policy. In fact, in Smith's recent interview he's said you need a balance with some experienced heads. 

Fer has become the new Nigel Quashie in terms of being a perennial relegator of teams, not sure he has the best of reputations from his time with his clubs in the Premier League. Would obviously be a good addition to our midfield in our current state though, but he's really not a defensive midfielder and if there's one thing we're crying out for it's (a good, mobile) one of them and a left back assuming Mings is actually to be used at CB, so it's a bit weird that the talk is of him and a right back we're apparently going to send straight back.

We'd be stronger than we started the day off as though so c'est la vie I suppose. 

Edited by Indigo

Just now, Sam3773 said:

Was never a blanket policy. In fact, in Smith's recent interview he's said you need a balance with some experienced heads. 

We have more "experience" in our squad than just about any other team in the Championship.  We're basically the league's "retirement home", where players at the end of their careers come to die.

I'm not happy with Fer, because IMO he had one good season for QPR 5 years ago, which earned him a Holland cap, but then has steadily declined in form over the years since.  He hasn't been exactly lighting up the Championship this season, and there is a reason why Premier League clubs aren't battling us for his signature.  I think we can do a lot better for the wages, but I'll still support him if he arrives, as I do all Villa players.  To me, this is the most underwhelming signing we've made since Elmo.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KMitch said:

We have more "experience" in our squad than just about any other team in the Championship.  We're basically the league's "retirement home", where players at the end of their careers come to die.

I'm not happy with Fer, because IMO he had one good season for QPR 5 years ago, which earned him a Holland cap, but then has steadily declined in form over the years since.  He hasn't been exactly lighting up the Championship this season, and there is a reason why Premier League clubs aren't battling us for his signature.  I think we can do a lot better for the wages, but I'll still support him if he arrives, as I do all Villa players.  To me, this is the most underwhelming signing we've made since Elmo.  

I have to say this kinda sums my thoughts up too.

Not saying he won't come here and be good but his career history is not inspiring.

Edited by bannedfromHandV

6 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

I never once said that it was what he was doing, hence why I said it could be what he was thinking. Is it impossible to think that when he IS fit, that Smith would like to use him as a DM if the defensive crisis was sorted? Given how outraged and antagonistic many posts make you, may I suggest maybe online forums aren’t your thing.

He could be thinking all sorts of things. Normally there is some sort of reasoning behind the theory though ...ie the player may have played in that position for....

But AT is a long way off even being fit....let alone having a positional change ...brought about by a £8m purchase...