January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

10 minutes ago, Merson08 said:

What a load of bollocks.

You must of misread ligue 2? You do know were no longer Premiership side, right?

Lyon are decent side and below Lille. 

Yeah, we're a Championship side and are beating the team 2nd in the top French division to a mediocre signing.  You just reinforced my statement.  Besides PSG, the French league is shite.

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

Let's face it, January is a shit time to be signing players.  You shouldnt really need to revamp your side at this stage of the season but we've got to really.

Early days in respect of how the players perform - but I don't think we have done to bad - the only big money has been for Kalnic, who hopefully will prove decent in time. Hause/Mings we get to have a look at - with options to buy if they perform.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Yeah, we're a Championship side and are beating the team 2nd in the top French division to a mediocre signing.  You just reinforced my statement.  Besides PSG, the French league is shite.

It’s just means money is ridiculous in England.

You can’t actually believe we’re better than any team in France other than PSG?!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SirSteveUK said:

I thought young Bedeau was a loan - a ****ing free transfer ???

Awful decision imho

what?... the one to sign him in the first place?

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

We've been very active in getting our youngsters football elsewhere, getting shot of players, the hogan loan out too, we've bagged a keeper, a couple of CBs, possibly a very good DM too. A fullback or two and I must say I'm very impressed. Jan is for minor surgery so if we've been this on it now, the summer is going to be mental.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, SirSteveUK said:

Awful decision imho

His contract was up this summer anyway so might as well let him go now if we weren’t going to offer him a new deal 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SirSteveUK said:

Awful decision imho

Must say I was a bit disappointed with this one. Was always decent in the ten or so u21 matches I’ve seen him play.

• Like 1

On 27/12/2018 at 04:55, HolteExile said:

How did Leroy Fer do today?  (missed penalty aside). 

Still a decent age - though assume his stock might have fallen, as you'd think he'd have been one of the few Swansea players to attract bids last summer. 

Was very highly rated in Holland and almost joined Everton for a decent fee a few years back until a medical scuppered that one.  Ended up making moves to Norwich and QPR and looked decent in the top flight any time I have seen him. 

Would give us more of a physical presence in the centre of the park and his height would be welcome defending set pieces. Which has been a weakness for us this year. I'd sooner see him doing the legwork in midfield rather than Whelan or Hourihane anyroad. 

A stopped clock etc. 

• Like 2

our under 23's are going to look a lot different for the rest of the season......

another one departs on loan

Harry McKirdy has joined Newport County on a loan until the end of the season

• Like 1