Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

He should be a shoe in for the England job when Southgate **** up the World Cup

I think he would be a fantastic England manager. I just hope the press wouldn't destroy him like they did to SGT.

Southgate seems to be the only manager in my memory who hasn't been hounded out of the gig.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He should be a shoe in for the England job when Southgate **** up the World Cup

Yep. And I don't mind, now it won't be at our expense. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I think he would be a fantastic England manager. I just hope the press wouldn't destroy him like they did to SGT.

Southgate seems to be the only manager in my memory who hasn't been hounded out of the gig.

I don't think there's a journalist out there clever enough or brave enough to inform us common folk on how semi finals and finals are because of the players at his disposal rather than the system and tactics he uses and his negativity is actually detrimental, we're getting better results by playing worse football, the general consensus won't buy in to that

They can't use watching football as a way of getting around the success on paper, you can't argue with it, it only ever seems in retrospect that someone sticks there head above the parapet and says something like "sven should have done more" 

Southgate is set up for a job for life but when he leaves the knives will be straight out for what he should have won 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I don't think there's a journalist out there clever enough or brave enough to inform us common folk on how semi finals and finals are because of the players at his disposal rather than the system and tactics he uses and his negativity is actually detrimental, we're getting better results by playing worse football, the general consensus won't buy in to that

They can't use watching football as a way of getting around the success on paper, you can't argue with it, it only ever seems in retrospect that someone sticks there head above the parapet and says something like "sven should have done more" 

Southgate is set up for a job for life but when he leaves the knives will be straight out for what he should have won 

Aye. I think Southgate's time at the top will only be eclipsed by Belgium's Martinez in terms of "what could/should have been".

Back on topic: Deano gets the culture right at a club first, that fosters belief and the players respond. I think we are seeing that now with Norwich.

Still, it will be impressive if he keeps them up. Some of their play and players are calamitous

Edited by ozvillafan
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Sarr is important to them as Grealish was to us. They are awful without him so hopefully Digne will have him in his pocket in return match.

Everton shipped 5 last time vs Watford with Josh King going to right wing for a hat trick when Sarr came off

Hope he keeps them up at the geordie maggots expense ,but in his interviews you can see he’s not fully sold on any kind of project Norwich , best of luck to him hel get another decent job in the future 

Norwich have unquestionably the worst squad in the league, so if he keeps them up, he really is showing value add as a coach at this level.

Even an 18th place finish would be an achievement given where they were when he joined.

I thought he'd made a mistake taking this job so quickly after leaving Villa, but maybe he needed to prove a point ASAP. It's good to see him doing well without the whole Grealish / childhood Villa fan thing hanging over perceptions of his coaching ability. He's a genuine top-flight coach IMO.

• Like 2

Â