Dean Smith

Demitri_C

45 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

They gotta win a few surely. It's far too early to rate Smith as manager there, come back at the end of the season.

In my opinion he already proved he’s a good manager with us, and Brentford before that, I think so far so good for him at Norwich… but you never know, it might all crash and burn. I’d much rather they stay up than NUFC though.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

In my opinion he already proved he’s a good manager with us, and Brentford before that, I think so far so good for him at Norwich… but you never know, it might all crash and burn. I’d much rather they stay up than NUFC though.

I have no doubt he is a good manager, but he has a ceiling, an I'm not sure he will end up being up there with the big boys.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Its a bit of a false table at the moment though as Burnley have only played 18 games and Norwich have played 22 

Absolutely, however shit teams at the bottom don’t usually make as much of a game in hand as those at the top do for obvious reasons. The further down the league you go, points on the board are better than games in hand 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Even with a flicker of hope they'll still not spend a penny in the transfer window to help themselves? They need at least two players to have any chance of survival.

They do deserve to go down, if it wasn't for deano id want them to go down 

If you were to make up a case for their business model being based on yo-yoing whilst spending very little being more viable and profitable than spending the money to try and finish 14th every season I would believe it 

6 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Absolutely, however shit teams at the bottom don’t usually make as much of a game in hand as those at the top do for obvious reasons. The further down the league you go, points on the board are better than games in hand 

If Burnley win all the games in hand they will be just behind us

One win all season

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

They do deserve to go down, if it wasn't for deano id want them to go down 

If you were to make up a case for their business model being based on yo-yoing whilst spending very little being more viable and profitable than spending the money to try and finish 14th every season I would believe it 

We’ve seen the mess one club, Derby, and one comedy outfit (SHA) have got into and there’s also Norwich’s own financial mess which Delia spent a long time sorting out. Their prudence might be rare, but in their situation there’s logic to it. I don’t think anyone “deserves” to go down, other than based on football results or punishment for shenanigans.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I have no doubt he is a good manager, but he has a ceiling, an I'm not sure he will end up being up there with the big boys.

Yeah that could well be true, I think Norwich is a good fit at the moment: They’ve not got real aspirations for anything more than survival, and they don’t even seem to be trying that hard for that. If they go down Dean should bring them straight back up, if he keeps them up he’s done well I think.

Norwich are still in 17th place on PPG, meaning all three teams below them would need an upturn in form to climb above them after playing their games in hands. In other words, Norwich’s position isn’t false based on the season so far, despite all the teams in the relegation zone having played fewer games than them.

8 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Always thought our aspirations are bigger than chasing Brighton.

I’m sure they are but Brighton are a really well run club who are quietly going about their business extremely well and are going to become a regular top 10 club.

Brightons aspirations are to become a top 4 club, the foundations being built there are quite impressive, nothing wrong in being in the chase alongside them. 

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

I’m sure they are but Brighton are a really well run club who are quietly going about their business extremely well and are going to become a regular top 10 club.

Brightons aspirations are to become a top 4 club, the foundations being built there are quite impressive, nothing wrong in being in the chase alongside them. 

I can guarantee you, there aspirations may be to be a top 4 club, but they spend no where near ever to be there. They spend no where near what we spend, an it'll take forever for us to get there, if ever.

19 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Cantwell off to Bournemouth.

Considering Dean was hyping him up so much to then sack him off he must be an absolute whopper.

Contract expiring isn’t it? I guess it’s a case of trying to make some money when they can.

• Like 1

Â