Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Not being funny but why would we do that? 

To help Dean.

Lol, joking aside. Yeah them being up instead of Newcastle would give us a better chance in our progress. Add to that the fact our relationship with Smith he can take players and develop them for us or benefit from them while us benefiting too. Trez for example can go and at the end of the season his price might get higher rather of not being at match squads...etc

9 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

To help Dean.

Lol, joking aside. Yeah them being up instead of Newcastle would give us a better chance in our progress. Add to that the fact our relationship with Smith he can take players and develop them for us or benefit from them while us benefiting too. Trez for example can go and at the end of the season his price might get higher rather of not being at match squads...etc

But they cant loan anymore Premier League players. 2 is the maximum and they have Williams and Gilmour

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Burnley won't feel much pressure.

They are veterans at this stuff. They won't panic, and they will just start grinding out results eventually. Like they always do.

Newcastle, Norwich and Watford will go down me think.

Sold their best(?) striker and bottom of the table - you reckon they'll be playing free flowing, pressure-free football?

**** sake pal :D 

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Sold their best(?) striker and bottom of the table - you reckon they'll be playing free flowing, pressure-free football?

**** sake pal :D 

Everyone expect them to go down regardless so there won't be much pressure.

Edited by villalad21

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Everyone expect them to go down regardless so there won't be much pressure.

Let me get this straight...

For the first part of the season, Burnley have been so shit that they're bottom of the table.  Then, they sell their best striker.  Because of these two things, everyone expects them to go down and there's absolutely no pressure so they're going to see an upturn in form? :D 

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Let me get this straight...

For the first part of the season, Burnley have been so shit that they're bottom of the table.  Then, they sell their best striker.  Because of these two things, everyone expects them to go down and there's absolutely no pressure so they're going to see an upturn in form? :D 

Dyche always manages to find a way out of it.

They have 5 games in hand on Norwich. Plenty of time for them to get it right.

25 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Dyche always manages to find a way out of it.

They have 5 games in hand on Norwich. Plenty of time for them to get it right.

Except that season he got relegated 

10 hours ago, bobzy said:

Two of those teams (one with 5 games in hand on Norwich) average 0.6 points per game. Watford - who Norwich just beat - average 0.7 exactly (slightly less than Norwich’s 0.72).

All games in hand do is add pressure and congest the fixture list for teams who desperately need to win. I really don’t get why people think it’s a benefit. 

It always depends who they're against really.

Last season we had two games in hand for a few months but one of those was Man. City away (was supposed to be our first game of last season) and then we had Spurs at home held over for two months. We lost them both. Then one of the Everton games that was right at the end of the season was 0-0.

This season our two spare games are Burnley at home and Leeds away so would be pretty confident of four points from those two.

Point people are missing is Burnley and Watford due to play each other in a few weeks so at least one won't get any ground on Norwich. Or both would iust gain a point which won't do much in the long run.

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

But they cant loan anymore Premier League players. 2 is the maximum and they have Williams and Gilmour

Gilmour is injured isn't he? Might be good idea to send him back to Chelsea given he hasn't been great for them and they have a few CMs in their squad.

This is the Premier League table based on games since Gerrard was appointed Villa manager...

It can also be used to see how well Smith has done at Norwich since it shows his first eleven as their manager. Comfortably outside the bottom three, and even though some teams below them have played less, based on that table, even if those teams had have played those games and won them they still wouldn't be above Norwich, looking at it purely based on games since he became their manager.

Edited by useless

Norwich arestill down for me but whats important yo me is improvement for them so they dong sack smith and give him the opportunity to bring them back as he will do that next year 

For me Burnley watford and norwich are down.

On 23/01/2022 at 10:40, Demitri_C said:

Norwich arestill down for me but whats important yo me is improvement for them so they dong sack smith and give him the opportunity to bring them back as he will do that next year 

For me Burnley watford and norwich are down.

Childish I know . But 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

On 22/01/2022 at 20:13, alreadyexists said:

Dean is doing pretty well for Norwich. I’m glad he’s had a chance to prove he’s a good manager so soon after us. I hope they stay up ahead of Newcastle or Watford.

They gotta win a few surely. It's far too early to rate Smith as manager there, come back at the end of the season.

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

They gotta win a few surely. It's far too early to rate Smith as manager there, come back at the end of the season.

They were 5 points from safety when he took over and now they are a point above the relegation zone

Â