Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

It was the 90’s, no one was able to find clothes that fit 😳

0636F8AF-24A6-472B-B215-6FF65807EBC7.jpeg

It was the 90s where everyone was raving and didnt give a F**k as they were off there heads, and didnt care if clothes fit, other things were more important, what good times it was 😉

okilly dokilly rave GIF

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Promotion after a record breaking winning streak. From absolutely nowhere.

Survival despite building. Whole squad and losing the spine to long injuries.

A cup final.

Best start in 21 years in premier league.

Still, people complain that we didn't win well enough last night. I'm literally lost for words.

little britain television GIF

8 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Radio 1 in the news bulletin mentioned we are now unbeaten in 8 PL games winning 6...

Are we starting to get noticed? 

Is it 8 PL games or just 8 games? I know we got 8 points from 4 games at the end. I think it's just games, including the two league cup wins. Still a nice little run developing though, one which should extend by one at least this week. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Is it 8 PL games or just 8 games? I know we got 8 points from 4 games at the end. I think it's just games, including the two league cup wins. Still a nice little run developing though, one which should extend by one at least this week. 

6 PL games: Fulham, Sheff U, West Ham, Arsenal, Everton, Palace. Plus the two in the league cup. 

Impressive stuff so far, the work that Dean and the team put in lockdown has transformed us. We’ve continually improved since Dean took over, long may it continue!

55 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

A cup final.

Still, people complain that we didn't win well enough last night. I'm literally lost for words.

This is the sort of thing that happens when you show patience and allow a culture to show through. Villa have lacked an identity and basic stability for so long, and now we have it. We're reaping the rewards, and we could continue to do so for ages.

19 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Weve only played 2 prem games of this season, it's just 8 of the last games weve played. So yeah there is a couple of last seasons last games in that 8, plus the friendly and cup games.

2 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

A cup final.

I still give him, and them ( players ) some shite during matches but I think it's more out of PTSD than anything.

Overall I love them. lol

EDIT: Still don't know why he takes so long to make changes.

Signs are positive but if we are as sloppy as we were at times against better opposition we will be punished, I think that's one of the worries.

However, we can only beat what is in front of us, we just might go up another few gears against better opposition.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

8 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

We're the only team to have kept 2 clean sheets so far this season. Not against the best teams, but still. 

Only team still with no goals conceded, last season we probably bet fulham but would have conceded

22 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We had 7 points after our 3 games in the 14/15 season

Should we feel excited? Yes. But let's not jump to conclusions just yet.

yeah we stayed up and got to an FA cup final. i'd take that.

3 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Weve only played 2 prem games of this season, it's just 8 of the last games weve played. So yeah there is a couple of last seasons last games in that 8, plus the friendly and cup games.

Nope. 8 competitive matches. 4 last season, 4 this. 

It's more like 12 games (?) if you include the friendlies. Which I wouldn't tbh, but winning breeds winning and all that. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Interested to see if he tries something different against Liverpool.

We're 100% and haven't played "well" in the league yet IMO.

Hourihane should drop out and either Jack or Nakamba come into midfield.

We played “well” beginning of last season and got beat , spurs springs to mind , Fulham tries to be neat and tidy and have the majority of the possession doesn’t mean that wins you games though

I'd like to see something like Guilbert/Elmo at left back to try and counter Salah cutting in and Nakamba in place of Hourihane to press higher up the pitch (but not worry about losing the ball in front of the back 4). I also like the idea of Trezeguet and Traore on the wings for the extra work rate, I just don't think there is space to move Grealish back in midfield as McGinn is looking close to being back to his best.

We played “well” beginning of last season and got beat , spurs springs to mind , Fulham tries to be neat and tidy and have the majority of the possession doesn’t mean that wins you games though

Â