Dean Smith

Demitri_C

7 minutes ago, tinker said:

He's a great manager, perfect fit for us  His drive to improve and motivation is infectious, building something special here , 2 seasons ago we was mid table in the championship, amazing turn around.

The teams we have played so far are , for me , relegation candidates . Be interesting to see how we play against the mid table teams. Hopefully we can come out of those games with a share of the points over the season. UTV 

shia labeouf agree GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

He really is, I don’t think we would’ve got out of the Championship without him and been in such improved/good shape and we’ve only progressed since he’s been here, along with the new owner.

The football we’ve played under his tenure has been a refreshing change form the negative dross we endured under a heap of shite, dull, dour, negative managers for so long.

So fortunate to have a manager and captain that genuinely adore the club and are genuinely passionate about the success of Aston Villa.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Leeds always dominate the ball.

I'm not saying this to troll. I want us to improve. I want us to get better.

We need to learn to control and manage games better. Especially against a poor side like Fulham.

Would just like to point out that we haven't lost in 10 games. If that's not good enough for where we are then nothing really ever will be. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lockdown has really saved us. Smith used the time brilliantly. He is learning all the time in the premier league, and adapting his play. We may not be playing the fully expansive football, but it’s getting there. But now we are looking solid as well. 

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 2

I didn't see the whole game but what I saw we were comfortably better than them and I'd say we were only at about 80%.  There's plenty more good stuff to come, hopefully Wes and Nassef are encouraged to stretch the budget a little to get a few more deals over the line before the end of the window.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Apparently he was gone if we’d lost that March game at home to Chelsea (which we eventually did in June).  Crazy

but like good managers he saw what the issue was and worked on it which he deserves credit for, MIngs, Konsa and Luiz are definitely improved in that time even Hause as well. We have had managers before who were super stubborn and not developed another level

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

I didn't see the whole game but what I saw we were comfortably better than them and I'd say we were only at about 80%.  There's plenty more good stuff to come, hopefully Wes and Nassef are encouraged to stretch the budget a little to get a few more deals over the line before the end of the window.

Nassef was at the game today...

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Lockdown has really saved us. Smith used the time brilliantly. He is learning all the time in the premier league, and adapting his play. We may not be playing the fully expansive football, but it’s getting there. But now we are looking solid as well. 

Yep, it’s coming and we saw good signs today.

If we continue to bring in better players, we will see it sooner too... I think Dean’s been restricted by the lack of ability in the squad since he came in.

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Yeah. Gregory looks like he's been buying his clothes from the charity shops

It's a nice idea having a Villa blazer, it's just a bit too school uniform for me. So is Smith's recent change to a white shirt for that matter.

Â