Dean Smith

Demitri_C

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Being negative and being critical of certain aspects of the game isn't the same thing.

Going forward i thought it was an excellent performance. We look a real threat.

Wish we could keep the ball better in the team and i hope it is being worked on this season.

We're a work in progress. Rome wasn't built in a day. We're getting better every season and we'll buy better players as we look to improve and advance up the league. 

I posted about bringing a sub on in the match thread but mainly because we weren't going to lose and I really wanted Ramsey to get some minutes. Not so much because we were being dominated or whatever. 

Anyway, I'm very happy with that. Did have some sloppy moments but our counter attacking was very impressive, I do wonder if that's the style we'll go with because I reckon we could actually cause teams quite a lot of problems through that. Even with just Watkins being the only difference to last season today there's a lot more about us going forward. 

2 clean sheets, 4 goals and back-to-back wins to start the Premier League season for the first time since 1999/2000. Deano has got it spot on so far. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stockport_Villain said:

We were clinical tonight going forward and reminded me way Brentford took us apart at times when we were in the Championship first 2 years.

That's fair enough if this is just how Dean likes to play.

Thought he was more of a possession based coach, but if he prefers to to play super direct football there is no point for me to criticize.

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

That's fair enough if this is just how Dean likes to play.

Thought he was more of a possession based coach, but if he prefers to to play super direct football there is no point for me to criticize.

None of the goals were scored were from direct football. But hey ho.

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

*Very obvious bait*

Like 10 people in a row:

man hand GIF

Gotta stop feeding.

The only time I go in is after a win because I know he's fuming.

I can't resist I'm sorry. Rest of the time it's radio silence.

• Like 1

We went two goals up very early against a side who look to dominate possession but ultimately are quite ineffective at this level. We wrapped the game up early enough and aside from their disallowed goal we consistently looked the more likely to add to the scoreline after that stage, to the point we indeed scored a third without reply.

I'd call our performance quite good game management if anything, which is what apparently was a massive criticism of Dean previously. Some of you absolute nutters will criticise anything you can.

Just now, Tomaszk said:

The only time I go in is after a win because I know he's fuming.

I can't resist I'm sorry. Rest of the time it's radio silence.

I'm not fuming.

I wouldn't even be here if i was a fake fan and disappointed seeing us winning. I find it disrespectful you would even suggest that.

Look at how quiet the Tanzanians are on our social media right now. That's how a person would react if they wish for us to lose.

Just enjoy the win FFS. We won 3-0 and could have had a few more.

We can improve on certain aspects but when isn’t that the case? We can’t be perfect in most/every game.

We’re a work in progress and should go from strength to strength, (building) confidence is everything in football..
We can’t instantly turn into world beaters!

Enjoy these times (don’t forget the crap we have had to endure for so long, we’ve finally come out of the storm) and look forward with excitement, enthusiasm & optimism. 

As Villa fans, it’s always going to be a bumpy ride but we are back and heading in the right direction now!

UTV

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

*Very obvious bait*

Like 10 people in a row:

man hand GIF

Gotta stop feeding.

So do you make 11th then since you had to comment on it as well.joined one of us GIF

Edited by Dave-R
  • Haha 1

I think he got the tactics spot on tonight. They like to have a lot of possession but can’t really do much with it so we let them have it. When we won the ball back we made it count. 

We need to be set up in a similar way against Liverpool with the difference being we need to be focused every second of the game.  It’s a free hit.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

He's a great manager, perfect fit for us  His drive to improve and motivation is infectious, building something special here , 2 seasons ago we was mid table in the championship, amazing turn around.

The teams we have played so far are , for me , relegation candidates . Be interesting to see how we play against the mid table teams. Hopefully we can come out of those games with a share of the points over the season. UTV 

• Like 3

Â