Dean Smith

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

Getting far too ahead of myself here, but if we have a bloody good season (and all omens are good at the moment) - then Smith for England? Likes a UK based core, plays good football, proven himself at every level. It's possible...

I think I'd prefer it if he just carried on snapping up various members of the England squad in the transfer market. Wouldn't be surprised to see all of Barkley, Mings, Grealish, Konsa and Watkins in the England squad if we put together a decent run. Maybe even Cash too.

• Like 1

The difference this window is im fairly certain most of the signings so far were deano choices (except maybe 2)

I reckon cash, barkley and watkins were deano choices.

I prob think martinez and traore were committee choices. (Deano obviously involved and gave the ok, but I wouldnt be surprised if traore was partially a JT proposal, or at least he gave background etc)

Edited by MaVilla

50 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

The difference this window is im fairly certain most of the signings so far were deano choices (except maybe 2)

I reckon cash, barkley and watkins were deano choices.

I prob think martinez and traore were committee choices. (Deano obviously involved and gave the ok, but I wouldnt be surprised if traore was partially a JT proposal, or at least he gave background etc)

Why do we dissect transfers like this? It’s a prelude to attributing blame. All are made by ‘committee’. We win together and we lose together.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Why do we dissect transfers like this? It’s a prelude to attributing blame. All are made by ‘committee’. We win together and we lose together.

not what i was implying, i was implying its nice to see that it looks like deano is getting the players he wants.

no need to put a pessimistic slant on it, it was meant to be a positive slant.

54 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

not what i was implying, i was implying its nice to see that it looks like deano is getting the players he wants.

no need to put a pessimistic slant on it, it was meant to be a positive slant.

Nout to do with your comment personally. I think Smith got the players that were agreed upon last season also. 

Just don’t think viewing transfers as ‘x’ persons man is helpful. Optimistic or pessimistic. I just think it’s a dishonest way to support a stance. I think we have a transfer roadmap jointly decided and many potential transfers from a variety of sources put forward. Then a decision is made as a team.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jareth said:

Getting far too ahead of myself here, but if we have a bloody good season (and all omens are good at the moment) - then Smith for England? Likes a UK based core, plays good football, proven himself at every level. It's possible...

No thanks. If he is successful here, I want him to continue being successful here.

VTID 

• Like 1

Loving the fact he’s putting together such an English base now as well with Targett, Mings, Konsa, Cash, Barkley, Grealish and Watkins all being first teamers either in (or around) the England squad or having the potential to get there. If Targett puts together a run he could have a great chance due to England left back shortage. Cash on the other hand has a lot to get past as we seem too o be be blessed at RB.

Â