Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

23 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Since Xmas, he has been brilliant and has been a key factor in us winning the games we have....

I'd say he is pretty consistant, but he just needed an injection of confidence...

Being dropped for Barkley must have been a kick in the teeth for him

He has had moments and periods of brilliance in those games. Has been anonymous also. Fantastic tonight none the less and should start on Wed 

Only the very best wingers are consistent. Jack Grealish is one of the very best. El-Ghazi is a good pro who is probably a definite starter at the bottom half of the premier League type.

10 goals a season in the premier League is a good return. Only 3 more to go.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, May-Z said:

Classic El Ghazi. If he has success with his first action of the match then he feels like his dick is knocking his kneecaps and has a strong game.

If he gets bullied a couple of time instead, then he finds it hard to pick up from that.

Probably the biggest 'confidence player' I've ever seen.

Jungian shadow?

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

the last Villa wideman or midfielder to hit 10 goals in a season was probably David Platt, Jack and him should get to 10 by the end of this season if both stay fit

I had a bit of a look into it, and in the top flight you're right I think. Conor hit 11 in the Championship, but looking at PL the nearest is Ashley Young with 9. Even cult heroes like Merson or Milner didn't get close.

30 minutes ago, May-Z said:

Classic El Ghazi. If he has success with his first action of the match then he feels like his dick is knocking his kneecaps and has a strong game.

If he gets bullied a couple of time instead, then he finds it hard to pick up from that.

Probably the biggest 'confidence player' I've ever seen.

Which is why he was £7m instead of £70m

• Like 2

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

Which is why he was £7m instead of £70m

Agreed...but I do find it odd that he never seems to have games where he has a good period and then goes missing for a bit. He either seems to have a very good game or a very poor one.

Strangely you can normally tell within the first five minutes.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, May-Z said:

Agreed...but I do find it odd that he never seems to have games where he has a good period and then goes missing for a bit. He either seems to have a very good game or a very poor one.

Could it be that your judgment is clouded by whether he scores or not?

4 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Could it be that your judgment is clouded by whether he scores or not?

Possibly. Bit of confirmation bias perhaps. But look at today...gets a goal, confidence to fire in shots all match and run at players. Same against Palace at home. West ham at home, can't remember him even controlling it. To me that seems a trend. 

Nevertheless, he's a good option to have in the squad at our current level and needs. 

Nice goal today, particularly as it was from his own corner coming back. The intelligence (watch the replay as he gets his arm up just as he is onside, the  reactions to the Leeds pitch (which seemed to be high on drugs) and athleticism , balance to score that goal were really impressive.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

3 hours ago, May-Z said:

Benteke was always like this as well in my opinion. You could tell from his first touch whether he would be unplayable or do nothing.

He was so good against Leeds. It wasn't just the goal, it was the little flicks and the shots and the first corner that he drilled into Mings. He was tracking and pressing as well. When his tail's up, he looks a real player.

Will he be able to maintain that form? I think a lot of us have our doubts, but he's earned the chance to prove the doubters wrong.

I have said this before, his greatest asset is that he is not afraid to pull the trigger. It’s a numbers game one will go in. Occasionally two or three might go in, We have been guilty this season of overplaying in the final third, he does not do this if he has sight of goal whack

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

I have said this before, his greatest asset is that he is not afraid to pull the trigger. It’s a numbers game one will go in. Occasionally two or three might go in, We have been guilty this season of overplaying in the final third, he does not do this if he has sight of goal whack

Micah Richards said the same on MOTD, having trained with him. Once he beats his man he said he tried to get a shot off as soon as possible. I like that.

Â