Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

1 minute ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Personally prefer Anwar playing on the left and that allows us to play Jack in the middle.

Thats what I'd like too but isn't there stat showing we have done way better with Jack on the left.

A 3 of AEG Jack Traore all bang on top form would be very formidable.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Thats what I'd like too but isn't there stat showing we have done way better with Jack on the left.

I think Jack will be a success if he plays on the left or the centre. Anwar I'm not so sure to be honest - much more convincing when he plays on the left.

Nice problem for Smith to have anyway👍

• Like 1

Once he scores it's like all pressure comes off him and he just goes for it, confidence through the roof and thinking to himself I'm the man. It's crazy quite how much he relies on that bit of a boost. 

A good game tonight though, especially in the first half. He was our only threatening attacker really so very pleased for him. 

Top performance. Never afraid to shoot and as fans thats what you want; have a go. Thought he was excellent and deserved to be the matchwinner. I want Grealish back as an 8 to accommodate Anwar starting on the left. We saw the return it yielded with Barkley out. Jack can be just as influential in the middle.

• Like 1

Just now, Brumstopdogs said:

I think Jack will be a success if he plays on the left or the centre. Anwar I'm not so sure to be honest - much more convincing when he plays on the left.

Nice problem for Smith to have anyway👍

Agree and hey, this is a top 8 squad, can't wait till the summer and see what quality we get in. And push us even further.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Seven goals in the PL, well done Anwar El Ghazi. 

He was very good against Leeds, he's quick, takes players on and knows where the goal is.

the last Villa wideman or midfielder to hit 10 goals in a season was probably David Platt, Jack and him should get to 10 by the end of this season if both stay fit

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Personally prefer Anwar playing on the left and that allows us to play Jack in the middle.

Mate, I so wish for this. He clearly is a miles better player on that side. He is a confidence player and scored as many as Jack in a third of the games so clearly needs to play in that position. He's a huge threat when he's on his game. Today, first half, he had about 4 shots on target. Him, Grealish, Watkins and Traore seems a much bigger goal threat than any other front four combo we have. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

We had our best run and played the best football of the season when those 3 played together. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Exactly. When hes on it he is great, far too inconsistent 

Since Xmas, he has been brilliant and has been a key factor in us winning the games we have....

I'd say he is pretty consistant, but he just needed an injection of confidence...

Being dropped for Barkley must have been a kick in the teeth for him

Â